[0.21][Mangos Zero][Map Extract]No working scripts, digging in the code isn't helping

unixtreme

Question

Dear guys,

I'm here because after fighting with all the outdated documentation to compile mangoszero on debian (I'm writing down my own) I am struggling to extract the maps and the general sources from the client. Every guide I check points me to a different folder, after pointlessly following guides I went a head and grepped for the extractor.

I can find a map-extractor folder in server/src/tools/map-extractor/ but the binary is missing so can't really do much, is there any reliable source for the map extractors for debian?

Regards,

Unixtreme.

2 answers to this question

^ I am also struggling with this one. Ive read that you need to navigate to the libmpq directory in order to compile the tools separately.

~/server/dep/libmpq

./autogen.sh

./configure

make

Which looks like it worked but I cannot find any of the binaries that it should have created. Documentation shows that the tools should be located in the ~/server/contrib/extractor_binary/ directory but it seems to be missing.

Archived