Skryras

Question

Hi guys,

I'm starting to setting up a MangosOne-Server.

So first I compiled the core, everything went fine. I installed the DB, everything went fine. But now, when I try to start the server I get the following error:

2015-05-11 18:05:18 SQL: SELECT required_20150409_Playerbot_and_Warden FROM realmd_db_version LIMIT 1

2015-05-11 18:05:18 query ERROR: Unknown column 'required_20150409_Playerbot_and_Warden' in 'field list'

2015-05-11 18:05:18 The table `realmd_db_version` in your [REALMD] database indicates that this database is out of date!

2015-05-11 18:05:18

2015-05-11 18:05:18 [A] You have: --> `20140607_Realm_Resync.sql`

2015-05-11 18:05:18 You need: --> `20150409__and_Warden.sql`

I searched the entire database-folder for this sql.-file named above, applied all updates in the rel20-folder by hand. Nothing worked. So, what did I do wrong? Git pull says that everything is up to date.

Have a nice day and thank you.

6 answers to this question

Hi kris914g,

thanks for your reply.

I have compiled the Rel 20 of the core and I used the Rel 20 database.

(git clone https://github.com/mangosone/server.git --recursive -b Rel20

git clone https://github.com/mangosone/database.git --recursive -b Rel20)

Further, how already said, there is no server/sql/updates folder.

Do you have any other idea?

Thanks again and take care. :)

Hello!

Now, when you provided at least a minimal information, I can propose my advice :)

The update required for your core version is (in contrast to the scheme used by TC team) in the DB repository. The table `realmd_db_version` in is the realmd database. In the DB repo, files for that DB are found under Realm folder. Due to the repo structure, it is (a bit unexpectedly) found in the Realmd/Update/Rel21 folder:

https://github.com/mangos/Realm_DB/blob/master/Updates/Rel21/20150409_Playerbot_and_Warden.sql

Note that you should not apply other updates from that folder.

The DB versions required are listed in the core include file revision.h:

https://github.com/mangosone/server/blob/Rel20/src/shared/revision.h

The DB updates in the DB repo are placed separately for each DB under Realm, Character, World within Updates folders. The files are named usually very close (if not equal) to the version string, but to be sure, you could find the version string within the files.

Hi Olion,

thanks for your reply. Haha, yea, maybe I forgot to provide some more information, I'm sorry. :)

Now it works, but first I was a little bit confused. I looked into the database folder, went straight to Realmd/Updates - but all I saw was a Rel20 folder. So I needed to clone the Realm_DB separately to get the Rel21 folder.. Is there any reason for this? Just wondering.

Thanks again for your help and take care! :)

I looked into the database folder, went straight to Realmd/Updates - but all I saw was a Rel20 folder. So I needed to clone the Realm_DB separately to get the Rel21 folder.. Is there any reason for this?

The reason is simple: the maintainers forgot to copy this update into Rel20 branch/folder when integrating the corresponding core changes from dev to rel branch. If the release20 core branch requires this DB update, it should be added to the Rel20 update set. By the way, one has be rather glad having such inconsistencies :) because they are due a real (more-or-less active) developing.

The reason is simple: the maintainers forgot to copy this update into Rel20 branch/folder when integrating the corresponding core changes from dev to rel branch. If the release20 core branch requires this DB update, it should be added to the Rel20 update set. By the way, one has be rather glad having such inconsistencies :) because they are due a real (more-or-less active) developing.

Now it makes sense. Good to know, thank you. :)

Archived