Hi there,

I'm Rutger, 41 years old and been playing wow on and off since 2005. I've been using computers since 1982 and pc's since 1988 (or something like that). I've been running linux in one form or another since 1996.

Although I'm pretty handy with all things computer, I've never been much of a programmer. However I can usually read code (if not too complex) and have a decent understanding how it all works. I recently picked up C++ again so who knows, maybe I'll stick with it this time.

Me and my wife, who is a walking wow database, recently started on Nostalrius which is, as you probably know, some fork of mangos. But since that server is PVP and we don't like PVP we already stopped playing there and started looking for a PvE server. I remember having a mangos install somewhere back in 2007 or 2008 just for shits and giggles so decided to look up if the project is still alive and here I am.

I installed MaNGOSzero (Dev21) on 1 of my VPS and on virtualboxes both at home and on my laptop (I'm on the road 12/14 hours a day, so having everything I need with me is pretty handy). When I'm at work my wife is testing the server. And in my work breaks I'm figuring out how it all works.

I'm trying to read up as much as I can before I start bombarding people with questions :P

TLDR; I'm a nerd, figuring things out;)

Archived