cmake error- project files may be invalid?

astronutski

Question

3 answers to this question

You did not select a compiler installed on your system and/or selected the wrong compiler during configuration. Which VS version do you have installed and what did you select?

Well I installed 32-bit VS 2015

I thought I did it right, here's the "about" page in VS

And now that I look at the original error (2nd attachment in original post) I see this listed to the right of "Configure" and "Generate" so I think that's recognized, where doo I tell VS to compile in C++?

Is that what's missing?

I'm sorry for the basic questions, once I get going I should be self-sufficient.

VSversion.jpg

VSversion.jpg.94b4421350f591d2d1fa70ede1

Yeah, when you hit configure, you then want to select Visual Studio 14 2015, and it should work. Out of interest, did you install it to a different directory than the standard dir?

Also, answer taken from Stack Overflow:

"I have found the solution. While Visual Studio IDE installed successfully it did not install any build tools and therefore did not install the C++ compiler. By attempting to manually create a C++ project in the Visual Studio 2015 GUI I was able to prompt it to download the C++ packages. Cmake was then able to find the compiler without any difficulty."

Archived