Blackwing Lair is not working in mangos zero (latest) i think its 0.21

Astal

Question

8 answers to this question

So the scripts are in the database?

Partly. But its binding to the objects is completely in the DB. There is no need to actually remove code (or DB data) of a script, better break the binding as explained above. You get some diagnostics about unbound scripts in the log, but the core will run.

Also wouldnt it cause problems with certain doors being shut if i removed scripts to open them, like say you have to kill x enemies for a door to open or destroy x objects or have a certain item. Wouldnt that door stay shut then.

It should cause problems of this sort if only the scripting is not extremely poor. Doors are controlled usually by the boss scripts and/or instance script. I advise never unbind these scripts.

Also does .npc delete, delete every reference to that npc in the database, or just the one you have selected. Just curious, cause id like to rework BWL to just have the bosses and maybe a few mobs here and there.

The command will delete the NPC so it will never appear ingame. However the command is not supposed to clean every reference to the NPC. The NPC may be in special relations to the others, for example, as defined in the creature_linking table. If an NPC is missing but is referred to, you get the diagnostics, but the core runs still.

Also .npc Add does that just spawn an existing npc from the database, and say if you leave the area it wont respawn, or will it be placed there permanently.

If you want to respawn an existing NPC, use .respawn. .npc add creates new NPC and writes it to the DB. So the NPC persists after core restart.

I think this is one of those instances where you actually need a full raid to test properly, GM mode you wont be able to test some of the fights correctly as they were never designed to be fighted with GM mode.

From what i can see the instance ans bosses are scripted in this just fine.

I think this is one of those instances where you actually need a full raid to test properly, GM mode you wont be able to test some of the fights correctly as they were never designed to be fighted with GM mode.

From what i can see the instance ans bosses are scripted in this just fine.

Damn, there is no way you know of for me to change it so it can be ran with 2 people, I wish mangos had commands to setspawns in game like EQ 1 emu does, like spawn a mob, move it set its spawn and it sets in the database. Looks like there is no point in my continuing since it was just for me and my fiance to play on.

Damn, there is no way you know of for me to change it so it can be ran with 2 people

Two ppl in raid mode, why not?

Entering the BWL requires usually a prerequisite, do not remember exactly what one. Therefore, gm on/enter/gm off. It will be ofc no clean testing because of the account access level, but from what I have seen in the code, it should not matter.

The BWL scripting is very basic, but the scripts are present still. IIRC the first boss has a complex enough mechanic: it should be controlled by the orb (1 player) and destruct the eggs, while 2 player keeps off the trash. When all eggs done, the second phase begins, with Razorgore acting as a usual boss. I did not met such implementation in open sources, at least two years ago.

I wish mangos had commands to setspawns in game like EQ 1 emu does, like spawn a mob, move it set its spawn and it sets in the database.

What do you mean? The .npc add command writes your spawn to your DB, so it will be there after the server restart. From the other side, many mobs must be spawned dynamically during boss encounters, like the trash at Razorgore. Such mobs may be never written to the DB.

All the dungeons need to be cleaned up to the blizzlike one by one. Do not await that it will be done by the team in the nearest future, for each dev has his own excuse. Mine is the same lack of motivation and also tiredness of the boss movies and of searching info. Briefly, I need a helper for that ;) So if you wish to help, let's try. Contact me with private msg for establishing a more dynamical communication channel. Any positive outcome will be pushed to the open repos. Note also that I can be interested in few bosses polished rather than in the whole instance "somehow more or less" working.

Disabling a particular mob script is simple:

• SD3 (C++) scripts:
    SET @ENTRY=<entry of the mob>;
    DELETE FROM `script_binding` WHERE `type`=0 AND `bind`=@ENTRY;

• EventAI script:
    UPDATE `creature_template` SET `AIName`='' WHERE `entry`=@ENTRY;

The ENTRY variable is defined here for clarity only. The mangosd must be restarted, you will get diagnostics about the unused script.

Disabling a particular mob script is simple:

• SD3 (C++) scripts:
    DELETE FROM `script_binding` WHERE `type`=0 AND `bind`=@ENTRY;

• EventAI script:
    UPDATE `creature_template` SET `AIName`='' WHERE `entry`=@ENTRY;

The ENTRY variable is defined here for clarity only. The mangosd must be restarted, you will get diagnostics about the unused script.

So the scripts are in the database? Also wouldnt it cause problems with certain doors being shut if i removed scripts to open them, like say you have to kill x enemies for a door to open or destroy x objects or have a certain item. Wouldnt that door stay shut then.

Just wondering because in UBRS the door leading to BWL is shut and cant be clicked

Also does .npc delete, delete every reference to that npc in the database, or just the one you have selected. Just curious, cause id like to rework BWL to just have the bosses and maybe a few mobs here and there.

Also .npc Add does that just spawn an existing npc from the database, and say if you leave the area it wont respawn, or will it be placed there permanently.

Archived