extracting game content (vmaps, mmaps, dbc and maps)

LaMigne

Question

Hello all,

I try since this afternoon to get the game content to run my server, I'll try to be as specific as possible.

Please note that i'm far to be an expert about Linux and it's the first time I try to launch a private server.

I run Debian 8 Jessie 64bits on a hosted dedicated server (access via kitty and WinSCP using SSH)

So I am using MaNGOS ZERO release 21, ATM everything looks fine, I followed up the Debian install guide from your WIKI, where I had to adapt some little outdated contents (sorry :P) with the new release.

I did the DB updates in order to meet the mangos requirements,

There was no problem until the extraction of the game content :

mangos error 1 - Pastebin.com (cannot put code here, exceed 20000character ...)

It created the folders Building, vmaps and mmaps, but all of them are empty ... and during the process the server is 99% or 100% idling from the monitory panel...

I tried 2 alternatives :

Compiling the same release 21 but from my Windows 7 computer, then extract everything

Downloading a repack of the 1.12.x from the web

Both of them failed with a mangosd message :

Map file './maps/0004331.map' is non-compatible version created with a different map-extractor version.
Correct *.map files not found in path './maps' or *.vmtree/*.vmtile files in './vmaps'. Please place *.map and vmap files in appropriate directories or correct the DataDir value in the mangosd.conf file. 

any idea ?

Ask me for any details needed :)

4 answers to this question

Alternatively, you could put your wow client to your Linux home dir (well, only DBC files and wow.exe are needed providing the directory structure kept, but the files cover most of the client size) and use your built extractors. Anyway the extractors need to be run from the main client folder.

Compile the tools on your Win7 installation with VS2013, after that copy paste all the contents from the tools folder to your client root, then run make_vmaps.bat, mapextractor and movemap-generator, finally copy the newly created folders to the root of your server folder...

Thx marcelo, as I stated, I already tried this alternative, where I got the server telling me the 0004331.map is non-compatible version created with different map extractor.

cordially,

C.

Alternatively, you could put your wow client to your Linux home dir (well, only DBC files and wow.exe are needed providing the directory structure kept, but the files cover most of the client size) and use your built extractors. Anyway the extractors need to be run from the main client folder.

Olion, Thank you very much, I just learnt that the file wow.exe was as important as the .mpq files...

Sorry for being that noobie :)

Extraction started and is running now

I close the thread as soon it ends without error (which I hope)

edit : mangosd started, I don't know how to close the thread, if an admin can do it :-* )

cheers,

C.

Archived