Mangoszero mobs cant be killed [solved]

LordPsyan

Question

I have been running mangoszero for awhile, and on my last update, all mobs acted like you had GM's on. You could attack, and they would lose hp, then instantly go to full health, never initiating aggro.

I have tried this on many mobs, and they all act this way. Yes, I used a non gm account. I did a fresh world database.

Testing out mangos one and two to see if I have the same issues.

LordPsyan

EDIT: Tested mangosone (2.4.3) and it does not have this problem. Testing mangos two and three next.

EDIT2: Tested mangostwo (3.3.5a) and it does not have the problem either. Will completely start over with mangoszer and test again.

EDIT3: Testing mangoszero again. Set log level to 3. This is what I got when I tried to attack a mob:

DealDamageEnd returned 15 damage
Creature stopped attacking, victim out run him [guid=24953]
creature 24953 stopped attacking player 4107
player 4107 stopped attacking creature 24953
Creature (Entry: 2955 Guid: 24953) targeted home

creature 25980 stopped attacking player 4107
WORLD: Sent SMSG_AI_REACTION, type 2.
WORLD: Sent SMSG_ATTACKSTART
Creature (Entry: 2966 Guid: 25980) chase to Player Susan (Guid: 4107)
Creature stopped attacking, victim out run him [guid=25980]
Creature (Entry: 2966 Guid: 25980) targeted home

Unfortunately, that doesn't tell me much, but I hope it helps someone else. So you know, I didn't move. just cast a spell.

6 answers to this question

Tauren shaman. Standard lightning spell. Also, normal attack with weapon. Tried it again with undead warlock, and human warrior. Used both standard and gm accounts. Tried .gm off as well.

It is almost as if stuck in a loop. They start to aggro, run towards me, then reset and go back to spawn point. they do this over and over again. If I had the software to record video I would post it. Maybe I will google that.

5 hours ago, Necrovoice said:

Hmm interesting.
I should of also asked in the last post but was not thinking.....

If you have a habit of keeping your server updated to the most recent commit,  at the time of your posting the issue, what update or updates did you apply? was it core build and/or database?

I did a completely fresh install on both character and mangos databases after a fresh clone of server.git and database.git switching both to develop21 Only thing I didnt change was my realmd database, but since I could connect no problem, assumed that wouldn't matter. I havent seen any updates in awhile to realmd.

Now I have to fix soul shards, since I prefer them stackable on my realm... lol

EDIT: I just wrote a tutorial on setting up mangoszero on debian 8 x64 because there are not any good tuts out there. I freshly installed virtualbox, setup a fresh debian 8 install, and did everything completely from scratch. 100%. I created a new account, and created a tauren. I accepted the first quest, and went after a strider. It did the exact same thing. hit for like 6 damage, the strider turned red (name) almost attacked, then turned yellow and went back to spawn point.

On 12/19/2016 at 6:27 PM, Necrovoice said:

I can only suggest one thing at this point, rebuild all your map types with the most recent extraction tools and try again... other than that I have yet to reproduce this.

I updated the core. Noticed some major changes, or at least changes to a lot of files. I redid dbc maps vmaps and disabled mmaps, since it isnt done creating yet. Compiled fresh, and now it is working fine. Unsure if it is because of the recent updates to the core, or the new dbc maps and vmaps, or if it is because I have mmaps disabled. I will test with mmaps as soon as they are done.

Archived