Nostalrius and elysium releases core files

Locario

Well, the step-by-step tuto is kind of available at the end of the script although you need to know scripting ;-)

# Install prerequisites?

if [[ $TASKS == *1* ]]; then

GetPrerequisites

fi

# Select release and set paths?

if [[ $TASKS == *2* ]] || [[ $TASKS == *3* ]] || [[ $TASKS == *4* ]] || [[ $TASKS == *5* ]] || [[ $TASKS == *7* ]]; then

GetUser

GetRelease

fi

if [[ $TASKS == *2* ]] || [[ $TASKS == *3* ]] || [[ $TASKS == *4* ]] || [[ $TASKS == *5* ]] || [[ $TASKS == *6* ]] || [[ $TASKS == *7* ]]; then

GetPaths

fi

# Clone repos?

if [[ $TASKS == *3* ]]; then

GetMangos

fi

# Build MaNGOS?

if [[ $TASKS == *4* ]]; then

GetBuildOptions

BuildMaNGOS

fi

# Install MaNGOS?

if [[ $TASKS == *5* ]]; then

InstallMaNGOS

fi

# Install databases?

if [[ $TASKS == *6* ]]; then

HandleDatabases

fi

# Extract resources from the game?

if [[ $TASKS == *7* ]]; then

ExtractResources

fi

# Create C::B project?

if [[ $TASKS == *8* ]]; then

CreateCBProject

fi

Hi there!

I'm compiling source code from Elysium-Stable file, i am using getmangos.sh script from MaNGOS-Zero GitHub Branch, i have touch some code to work.

When i am compiling output this error

Scanning dependencies of target game
[ 15%] Building CXX object src/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/Guild/GuildMgr.cpp.o
In file included from /home/user/server/src/game/Objects/UpdateData.h:24:0,
                 from /home/user/server/src/game/Objects/Object.h:26,
                 from /home/user/server/src/game/Objects/Item.h:24,
                 from /home/user/server/src/game/Guild/Guild.h:24,
                 from /home/user/server/src/game/Guild/GuildMgr.cpp:20:
/home/user/server/src/game/ObjectGuid.h:333:11: error: redefinition of ‘class std::hash<ObjectGuid>’
     class hash<ObjectGuid>
           ^
/home/user/server/src/game/ObjectGuid.h:239:12: error: previous definition of ‘class std::hash<ObjectGuid>’
     struct hash<ObjectGuid>
            ^
src/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/build.make:62: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo 'src/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/Guild/GuildMgr.cpp.o'
make[2]: *** [src/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/Guild/GuildMgr.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:560: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo 'src/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/all'
make[1]: *** [src/game/CMakeFiles/game.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:127: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo 'all'
make: *** [all] Error 2

How i can solve it?

Thanks!

the Elysium code, or that from any other project not based on the current mangos source is unlikely to work without modification.
- This is why any ports of fixes from other projects take time to import into mangos.

Your best bet is to post the fix / patch here and then we can take a look at how to adapt it.

Hi there!

I have installed today MaNGOS core in a VM, i only noticed two npc's in SW tabern (cooking trainer and cooking spices vendor) in MaNGOS database they don't exist.

I don't have noticed more diffs, but i'm sure dev's can boost MaNGOS development with that code therefore MaNGOS it's a good job.

Thanks for your response.

I'll make this the last post on this subject and i'll refer most future posts to this one as well...

The Nostalrius and Elysium as supplied on the Repos are nothing more than someone's sandbox dump of files.
- There is no commit history or details of what bugs were fixed and how.

The only way to identify the fixes is trial and error and running both them and mangos side by side

It has also been suggested that we should dump our core and use these 'superior' cores.
- I have yet to see any evidence that these files contain massive improvements.

The core files are based on mangos files from about 3-4 years ago and it would be madness to throw away all the fixes we have done since based on a guess of the hinted improvements in those code files.

In time I'm hoping people will find improvements and be able to apply them to the mangos cores.

For now, they remain a curiousity which can be reviewed when we have time and are bored.

Antz

• antz locked this topic

Archived