Question about mangoszero fresh install on clean pc

Myself Hewhois

Question

I have been working for the last couple days on a Private server for my wife, friends and family. nothing too big just enough for 6 people.

I followed the well written guide

But, Altho I have followed step by step on a Clean Install of Windows 10 64bit.  (I did find the wording on steps 18 & 19 to be a bit loose)

I seem to have no trouble connecting to the server as far as the login server goes. then at realm select I see the server name (on both a GM and non Gm account on separate computers)

Once I click into the char selection/creation section it hangs on connecting for upwards of 20 minutes on a gm account and about 5 mins on the other before disconnecting.

I was able to create a toon on the gm account by loading into the server, canceling the load and canceling the realms list it then left me at a blank char creation page..

after making the toon (on the gm account) it shows it exists on server select but, not on connecting page where toon select would normally show your toons.

I used the torrent provided by the forum for the client files.

and the software provided in the GitHub repositorys

I don't see any errors in my mangos app or log so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

any help would be apprecaited

8 answers to this question

Had a similar issue with a user the other day. Can you go into the realmd database, delete the realm and readd it. I had to rebuild someones realmd and server and redid the realm entry and the issue seemed to correct itself.

Maybe also try making sure the realm name is Mangos, just to start with for testing.

Also check the windows firewall, rather then opening ports, I suggest to add the applications to the firewall and allowing them to open ports as needed (mangos can open its own ports if allowed).

There is certainly some strange things going on for some people but i still cannot pin down what the exact issue is.

i am doing a fresh install again, on a clean windows 1064 bit, i dont know how much of a difference it will make but, i dedicated a 200gig drive for the mangos server. i read a few more random internet articles and it sounded like wow was run on a 32bit server origionally so in hopes of making it simple i installed 32bit versions of all the software on a clean install following the guide once again. i am currently extracting resources from the wow client and when i get up in the morning.. i will try again. 

hopefully i will be able to report back good news, @Talendrys This is my first mangos/server build project and i am a little slow on understanding. are you refering to turning the 0's to 1's to enable logging in the file?

@madmax   Assuming i run into the same problem, open sqlyog find the realm entry and delete it? how do i manually add just the realm back? i apologize for my list of questions this is a learning process for me for sure :)

Yeah, basically I would put such config:

LogSQL                       = 0
PidFile                      = ""
LogLevel                     = 3
LogTime                      = 1
LogFile                      = "world-server.log"
LogTimestamp                 = 1
LogFileLevel                 = 3
LogFilter_TransportMoves     = 1
LogFilter_CreatureMoves      = 1
LogFilter_VisibilityChanges  = 1
LogFilter_Weather            = 1
LogFilter_DbStrictedCheck    = 1
LogFilter_Pathfinding        = 1
LogFilter_MapsLoading        = 1
LogFilter_EventAiDev         = 1
LogFilter_PeriodicAffects    = 0
LogFilter_PlayerMoves        = 1
LogFilter_SQLText            = 1
LogFilter_AIAndMovegens      = 0
LogFilter_PlayerStats        = 0
LogFilter_Damage             = 0
LogFilter_Combat             = 0
LogFilter_SpellCast          = 0
LogWhispers                  = 1
WorldLogFile                 = "world-packets.log"
WorldLogTimestamp            = 1
DBErrorLogFile               = "world-database.log"
ElunaErrorLogFile            = "ElunaErrors.log"
EventAIErrorLogFile          = "world-eventai.log"
CharLogFile                  = "world-characters.log"
CharLogTimestamp             = 1
CharLogDump                  = 0
GmLogFile                    = "world-gamemaster.log"
GmLogTimestamp               = 0
GmLogPerAccount              = 0
RaLogFile                    = "world-remote-access.log"
WardenLogFile                = "warden.log"
WardenLogTimestamp           = 0
LogColors                    = "13 7 11 9"
SD3ErrorLogFile              = "scriptdev3-errors.log"

Okay so an update. I reinstalled the Whole computer and then 32bit versions of all the software involved.

At first i was receiving the same results... i inserted "ScriptDev3DatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;mangos;mangos0"" line that wasn't present into the conf file. 

Then followed @Talendrys's advise. Once i turned on logging for the file... we have been able to login and play.

I still don't understand what the issue was or how it was prevented But, It is Currently working!!

I am a little apprehensive to change the server name or anything like that in-case it causes problems.

Ifs it is safe to edit the name on the database in sqlyog? or would i have to do somthing to keep the already made and working toons if i did that?

Thankyou guys for your help

how do i go about making sure the account data is synced? had no issues yesterday. finally turned the server on today after work and no luck/love to be found... same problem hanging on the character reciving list dialog... kinda frustrated idk what i could be doing wrong at this point... it was working..

I turned all the loggings on and im not seeing any errors in any of the logs.. maybe im missing somthing simple?

Archived