Virtual machine vs. primary host

n3n8f9unf2nf

Hey all, I just had a question about the environment you all develop in. Do you use virtual machines, a development computer,  or just have Mangos installed on your daily computer for quick access?

I would like to get some sense of what environment is more often used.

I do use my local computer primarily because it's easier on Windows. I do have Linux VM's to test build & installation scenario's.

I do use to develop on my laptop for the Mangos Manager app to test the multiplatform aspect (running Linux Mint).

I guess that a ready-to-use VM could be also usefull for developers without the need of generating all the data... but is it legal ? :)

Tal'

I also run an install on my primary machine, alone with a few VMs to test installation and building. 

I have found it useful for funding solutions to certain errors when not installing using one of the Linux versions in the wiki.

I suppose a pre-built VM would be very useful, but it would also be likely that it isn't legal. Not to mention, I could see that being exploited at some point by somebody looking to infect some machines or cause damage in general.

Archived