Accessing server console

iltuocapo

Question

Hello

I just installed ZERO on a debian server, and both realmd and mangosd services come up fine.

As described in the installation guide, I launched both as services.

Question: How do I access realmd's server console (to issue . commands) from my ssh connection to the server now?

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Ciao

U

6 answers to this question

You can only use mangosd to issue commands.
Never seen or heard about using realmd to issue any commands.

What kind of commands are you trying to run exactly and are you sure you do mean to run them on realmd and not on mangosd?

5 minutes ago, Rochet2 said:

What kind of commands are you trying to run exactly and are you sure you do mean to run them on realmd and not on mangosd?

You are totally right :) I need mangosd of course.

That being said, mangosd also is happily working as a background daemon.

How do I "connect" to the existing running process? How do I start interacting with it (instead of leaving him working automatically in the background)?

The instance is on a cloud debian server, which I reach via SSH from Putty or whatever other client app

I know this is noobish... :)

Thanks ciao

U

If I understand this correctly you want to connect to the mangosd console remotely and send commands to it?

If so, then there are two integrated options which are ready to use; SOAP and remote access. I for one use Telnet from both Windows and my Android phone, it works for most Linux distributions too, including Debian I believe.

You just have to enable it in the server config file (mangosd.conf) then open port 3443 on your server.

You might also have to install a telnet package on the server.

I am no Linux user, but maybe this can help: https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/telnet

Archived