How to set up a Mangos 1.12.x server with hamachi?

DerpTDG

Question

So I am COMPLETELY new to this stuff, please be patient I might just be retarded. Btw idk what the fuck the prefix is, i just downloaded a mangos repack from some youtube video and now im trying to make a hamachi server. halp. So through HeidiSQL, i changed the realm ip to my hamachi one, right? so my friend connects through hamachi and all and when he tries to connect to the realm, it just returns him to the realm list screen. wadafuk mister? i looked up some stuff and apparently this is called a "realm loop"? can someone help? im on windows. i went to the realmd and mangosd files and changed the ips from 127.0.0.1 to my hamachi IP and that just didnt let the server work (it said something about the computer not being able to access the MySQL server) pls help im stupid and i dont anything 

16 answers to this question

Hello, sometimes with this issue you can attempt port forwarding..  I have seen this correct the issue at times.

Also, I would suggest looking at our official  github Here  and do away with the repack, you will get little or no help when using a repack.

If port forwarding does not correct the issue, I will attempt to assist you further.

:)

1 minute ago, Necrovoice said:

Hello, sometimes with this issue you can attempt port forwarding..  I have seen this correct the issue at times.

Also, I would suggest looking at our official  github Here  and do away with the repack, you will get little or no help when using a repack.

If port forwarding does not correct the issue, I will attempt and assist you further.

Im doing this with Hamachi, do I need to portforward? If so, how do i do it

Got ya, stick with me for a moment, I ask a lot of questions to make sure im on the same page as you are..(Yes im one of "those" people. haha)I am not an expert on hamachi , so until someone comes along to further assist allow me to offer a few things that mayhelp.

In your config files you should have a setup something like this.

LoginDatabaseInfo            = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;PASSWORD;realmd"
WorldDatabaseInfo            = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;PASSWORD;mangos"
CharacterDatabaseInfo        = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;PASSWORD;character"

------
In the database under realmlist, you will with to change the column  `address` to the hamachi  address. 

Give that a whirl and let me know what you come up with :)

6 minutes ago, Necrovoice said:

Got ya, stick with me for a moment, I ask a lot of questions to make sure im on the same page as you are..(Yes im one of "those" people. haha)I am not an expert on hamachi , so until someone comes along to further assist allow me to offer a few things that mayhelp.

In your config files you should have a setup something like this.

LoginDatabaseInfo            = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;PASSWORD;realmd"
WorldDatabaseInfo            = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;PASSWORD;mangos"
CharacterDatabaseInfo        = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;PASSWORD;character"

------
In the database under realmlist, you will with to change the column  `address` to the hamachi  address. 

Give that a whirl and let me know what you come up with :)

So I'm not sure if I understand.. Do I change the 127.0.0.1 to my Hamachi address in both config files? When I do that, my server doesn't start up due to an error.

In one of the guides I'm reading, it says In mangosd.conf and realmd.conf, you change the "127.0.0.1" to what your hamachi address is in both config files.

You also need to update your realmlist table in the realm database.

The SQL  for that would be `UPDATE realm.realmlist SET address = "YOUR_HAMACHI_IP" WHERE id = 1;`

Just now, Ashton said:

In one of the guides I'm reading, it says In mangosd.conf and realmd.conf, you change the "127.0.0.1" to what your hamachi address is in both config files.

You also need to update your realmlist table in the realm database.

The SQL  for that would be `UPDATE realm.realmlist SET address = "YOUR_HAMACHI_IP" WHERE id = 1;`

When I do that, when I run mangosd and realmd, they just crash.. ?

5 minutes ago, Necrovoice said:

I believe the default realm database is realmd

`UPDATE realmd.realmlist SET address = "YOUR_HAMACHI_IP" WHERE id = 1;`
or
if run directly on the the realm database
`UPDATE realmlist SET address = "YOUR_HAMACHI_IP" WHERE id = 1;`

Ok so I could do that through Navicat which was WAY easier, which I did.. But now when my friend tries to connect, it just keeps sending him back to the realm screen. 

Hey,

The prefix thing for this topic is for which Mangos Core you are using, Zero is classic, one is TBC and so on.

Can you confirm in the Mangosd.conf you have the following set to either the hamachi IP or 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0 means bind all addresses).

BindIP                       = "0.0.0.0"

Don't touch the ones ending in "Info" those are the IPs the mangosd looks at for the various databases and have nothing to do with external connections.

I would suggest disabling the windows firewall while you are testing this to make sure its not interfering.

I may be able to assist you with this later over discord if im free.

5 hours ago, madmax said:

Hey,

The prefix thing for this topic is for which Mangos Core you are using, Zero is classic, one is TBC and so on.

Can you confirm in the Mangosd.conf you have the following set to either the hamachi IP or 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0 means bind all addresses).

BindIP                       = "0.0.0.0"

Don't touch the ones ending in "Info" those are the IPs the mangosd looks at for the various databases and have nothing to do with external connections.

I would suggest disabling the windows firewall while you are testing this to make sure its not interfering.

I may be able to assist you with this later over discord if im free.

I do indeed have this set to "0.0.0.0" in my Mangosd.conf . I will try to have my friend connect without firewall on

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use