Not able to rebuild

Beecher

Question

Hi there!

While trying to set up a Mangos Zero server (Windows), on one of the steps of the guide I'm running into an issue with Visual Studio (have installed both 2015 and 2017) that's a little weird. 
Done some digging but knew I had to atleast try here first. 

In the 10th step, it says to go into the Build menu and select the Rebuild Solution option, but in every version of Visual Studio I've tried so far after opening the project, all i get is 'Run Code Analysis on Solution' and the Output says '========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped =========='. I'm a little puzzled because I haven't had any errors as the guide has been very good, and the installs of VS contain the packages and tools (C++ etc.) needed. 

Any ideas before I ask MS? 

4 answers to this question

Wish I saw this first, but I just 'borrowed' an Enterprise-version of VS from work, rebuildt and I finally got the option, thanks a bunch for the quick answers though.

I only got 23 succeeded (says 24 in the guide) but no skipped or failed, hoping it still works(?), haha. 

Was a bit worried because I saw a few warnings when scrolling the log after using Easy Build, and I'm not at all familiar with VS so I just had to ask. Thinking this server will be a fun learning experience :) 

Archived