Autofollow problem / Connecting question

utny

Question

I downloaded a repack (http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthread.php?230227-Light-s-Hope-Vanilla-Repack) to be exact,

It is working fine for the most part but I a having 2 problems.

1. Autofollow doesn't work for me, but it works for anyone else connected from outside LAN.

Has anyone ever had a problem like this? The character will not turn and will just run straight.

(To be more clear, both characters are being played on the localhost computer to have the problem, but someone not from localhost can follow me just fine)

2. In order to log into the game I have to change the realm IP from my real IP to localhost, and then back so others can connect.

Is there a way to make it work for both without editing the IP in the database?

Edited by utny

5 answers to this question

1. Auto follow does not work if game is running at more than 60 fps. You need to have a 60 hz monitor and enable Vertical Sync. If your monitor is running at more than 60 hz, then you can't fix it.

2. Use HeidiSQL to make a second realm entry in the `realmlist` table of the `realmd` database. For the first realm put the public ip of the host machine in the `address` field, and for the second realm put 127.0.0.1. Your friend will use the realm entry with the real ip, while you use the one with the loopback ip. There will only be 1 realm in reality, but there will be two options on the list in game, allowing both external and internal connections.

Thanks for the quick help, both things worked (Though still waiting on a friend to test the outside connection)

1. I didn't think the answer would be your monitor is too good, didn't even think of that.

2. Is there a way to hide the 2nd server name from the list if not connected through localhost? (It won't always be a GM account)