Are these compilation errors?

virgo77

Question

Hi!

I'm trying to compile the latest master branch of MaNGOS² but I don't know if something is missing on my Debian 10 Installation, but I got a lot of errors when compiling.

Note that I used this post to install the MaNGOS² Core:

So here are ALL the errors I got when compiling, in the attached file. Maybe it's the same as the error compiling of the MaNGOS² on the start page of this site? (https://travis-ci.org/mangostwo/server/builds)

Thanks for the reply.

C Ya next time :)

MaNGOS²_Compile_Errors.txt

15 answers to this question

Erm ok, thanks...

However, I think that the core is not working, or in wrong version. I don't know how to make it run, because of lots of 'bugs'... ?

Under Windows, the WorldDB is not correctly populated, so I got hundreds of "GameObjects" that are not existing, and much others.
Under Linux, the core won't launch because of missing maps, and I don't know how to fix! I tried 2 versions of the WotLK Client : EN and FR, and... no change. And between these 2 versions, the number of maps are not the same... why?
Still under Linux: the script for map extraction is not working properly. It searches for the Data folder of the Game Client (it's still there yet!), so I had to extract manually all the datas (dbc, maps, mmaps, vmaps). Not really 'friendly'...

I tried to follow the Install Tuto for Linux :

and i complain because it is not so easy! Some missing packages like LibAce must be installed. But on Debian 9, the original is not usable because the compilation needs a recent version, so I had to search the web how to install a new one... tutos are not updated, not really clear.

Compile MaNGOS is not user friendly: why not to compile all the basic files on the same folder? Why are the exes on ./bin, the conf in ./etc? Why not to group them on the same location? I tried it, but exes are crying because the .conf files are not on the ./etc sub-folder... grrr

However, I will try to recompile again and post here all the errors i got.

Thanks

No idea why executables aren't in the same folder as everything else. I think its just how stuff on linux is organized. You can try making the executables read the .conf file in any folder by using the -c flag. If my conf file is in my home folder, i'd type out "./mangosd -c /home/onixiya/mangosd.conf Realmd also does the -c flag as well. Try not to extract stuff using the extractresources.sh. I'll update the guide to mention not using it. If you need more help, come on the discord

Edited by onixiya
-c flag

7 hours ago, virgo77 said:

Erm ok, thanks...

However, I think that the core is not working, or in wrong version. I don't know how to make it run, because of lots of 'bugs'... ?

Under Windows, the WorldDB is not correctly populated, so I got hundreds of "GameObjects" that are not existing, and much others.
Under Linux, the core won't launch because of missing maps, and I don't know how to fix! I tried 2 versions of the WotLK Client : EN and FR, and... no change. And between these 2 versions, the number of maps are not the same... why?
Still under Linux: the script for map extraction is not working properly. It searches for the Data folder of the Game Client (it's still there yet!), so I had to extract manually all the datas (dbc, maps, mmaps, vmaps). Not really 'friendly'...

I tried to follow the Install Tuto for Linux :

and i complain because it is not so easy! Some missing packages like LibAce must be installed. But on Debian 9, the original is not usable because the compilation needs a recent version, so I had to search the web how to install a new one... tutos are not updated, not really clear.

Compile MaNGOS is not user friendly: why not to compile all the basic files on the same folder? Why are the exes on ./bin, the conf in ./etc? Why not to group them on the same location? I tried it, but exes are crying because the .conf files are not on the ./etc sub-folder... grrr

However, I will try to recompile again and post here all the errors i got.

Thanks

Well, compare to other forks this all-in-one installer is just the greatest thing!
Yep, at the end there are 3 folders: src (not needed anymore after install), bin with executables, etc with configs (and resources). Pretty simple, same as usual linux-way. 
There was one odd thing iduring latest install, that etc folder not on the same level as bin and src. But I just moved it. + Yo need to set up right relative path to extracted files (aka DataDir in .conf) 

Hi all and thanks for your reply.

I tried some, but I was unable to start the server. I try actually to run the core on Windows Server 2019. I downloaded the ZIP and i'm installing all things needed for. I'll tell you later.

About the Linux Install, what I would prefer is to find the exes and conf files in the same dir; like /home/mangos/server/ and the datas in the data sub-folder /home/mangos/server/data. Why not? Or maybe we can adjust the files before compilation. For me, it's better.

Last question: why the datas are not downloadable (dbs/maps/mmaps/vmaps) in a zip? So we would have just to install the DB, change the conf files and let's go! ^^
Or maybe a complete package like the one used on the test servers? I'm just asking :)

See you later!

V.

The files aren't available to directly download due to copyright reasons. For the data problem, like altronrain said, you need to set the datadir in your mangosd.conf. Also, like i said in my previous comment, you'll want to use the -c flag to change where mangosd and realmd look for a .conf file

ok, rodger!

Look, I try now to extract the MMAPS files, with the SH Script (and Git installed on Windows)

I got this error for Bad Arguments:

Excluded maps: 13 25 29 35 37 42 44 169 451 598
ERROR! Bad arguments!
You can (re)extract mmaps with this helper script,
or recreate only the tiles from the offmash file

Call with number of processes (1 - 4) to create mmaps
Call with 'offmesh' to reextract the tiles from offmash file

For further fine-tuning edit this helper script

I opened the SH file one Notepad++ but i don't know where is the bad argument, and how to change it. Any idea?

Note that all the files are in the folder: MoveMapGen.sh / offmesh.txt / mmap_excluded.txt / mmap-extractor.exe

Oh damn! I found why I had these errors... tsss

I had to launch a 'GIT BASH HERE' from my folder, then launch the extractor with this command:

./MoveMapGen.sh 4

and... yeepee! it's extracting! It launches the exe with the number of CPU Cores we want to use... I found the help from this old topic: https://github.com/cmangos/issues/issues/993 (It gives an example of how to launch the script, which is not told on yours... grrrr)
Maybe I can adapt it for using more CPUs. Maybe later, just for testing purposes.

> Ok, so next step is to populate the WorldDB, then try the core after conf file modification. ^^

Hi Onixiya!

Look at the document I joined to this post. I got exactly the same errors on Windows or Linux, when i populate the WorldDB with the script. And, it's the same if I use the FullDB script too.

All the GameObject seem to miss or unusable. Strangely, the SQL file seems to be full, and the DB Table is populated inside the SQL DB. So I don't know why the GameObject can't be loaded.

Any Idea?

V.

mangosd_GameObject.txt

Hi!

Nope, you're wrong. The server is not good to go. Yes, we can go in game, but, because of these missing GameObjects, I can't - for example - use the Letter Box, or sit on a chair... it's one of the multiple GameObject that are not placed in game, and these errors are by hundreds. So, it means that there's a mismatching between the DB and the actual core.

Erm... annoying... ^^

I'll search for another solution. Maybe I can try with an older core.

Stay in touch :)

Edited by virgo77

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

I think I will not continue MaNGOS because it's too complicated for a newbie to install this core. Actual version of this core is not functional because of all errors I encoutered last days. Tutos not really updated (it's not your fault), so screens are not really the same as new softs needs for installing/compiling/etc.

So, I rolled back to TrinityCore, more stable and playable. Some bugs, yes, but really more simple to install, even on Linux or Windows! Tutos are clear and really detailed... and up to date.

I thought MaNGOS was as Trinity, and playable, but it's not.

Again, thanks, and good luck!

V.