No mineral veins or herbs in areas where they must be.

Daniil

Question

Hello!
In Mangos Two (v.21.11.49, db v.21.12.55, WoW 3.3.5 EN), I found a strange bug. On some maps there is almost no mineral veins or herbs (for herbalism). For example, if I trying to find tin ore, there is no this type ore in Hillsbrad Foothills (where must be alot of it according to maps from WowHead). Same thing is for herbs.
How this can be fixed?

2 answers to this question

Hello,

I tried to replicate this issue but could instantly find multiple nodes in the the Yeti Cave in Hillsbrad foothills.

image.png.56db4c07aaef0aeb0a8b4aa54a8d68e3.png

Probably not the case but Wowhead shows all possible spawn locations for nodes so on their maps that wont reflect what's actually in game at the moment of playing. I think from a blue post I read a while ago only 10 of each node (i.e, 10 Mining, 10 Herbalism) can spawn on a map at any one time.

Tin Ore is also pretty scarce in Hillsbrad Foothills, Arathi Highlands is better, also nodes have shared spawn locations.

image.png.a29529cab93c07c20dcffad4baa647a4.png

If you could provide other locations this could be helpful to work the issue out.

You could also try extracting the game data again, this might help.

If you are sure that none of the above helps then I would suggest rebuilding JUST the server (this wont affect the characters you currently have and you should not touch the database).

Kind regards

Oscinu

Edited by Oscinu
18 hours ago, Oscinu said:

If you could provide other locations this could be helpful to work the issue out

Hello, and thank you for the answer.

So, I pulled and built server v 22.01.12, then extracted game data again, then cleared world database, filled it again and patched it to 22.1.1. But all that was no use - almost no Tin Veins and almost no herbs, everywhere. Also, when I logged as GM and use command ".go object Tin Vein", character was teleported to a place where Tin Vein must exists (as marked on map from WowHead). But there is no visible Tin Vein there. I.e., looks like Tin Vein exists, but client can't show it...

Here is what it looks like:

report.png