Check existing of map file '/opt/wow/gamedata/maps/0004331.map': not exist!

DaveJ61

Question

Here we go again.... I have sorted my problem with SQL syntax errors and make errors but now another issue.

It appears that when using the ExtractResources.sh script, not all map files are generated. I end up with a load of files from 2692527.map to 9773232.map. However, when trying to run mangosd, it throw the following error:-

Check existing of map file '/opt/wow/gamedata/maps/0004331.map': not exist!
Correct *.map files not found in path '/opt/wow/gamedata/maps' or *.vmtree/*.vmtile files in '/opt/wow/gamedata/vmaps'. Please place *.map and vmap files in appropriate directories or correct the DataDir value in the mangosd.conf file.

As far as I know, the client is completely up to date and is Cata 4.34 -15595. I have this file from my TBC server but if I try and use it, then I get an out of date error.

Map file '/opt/wow/gamedata/data/maps/0004331.map' is non-compatible version (outdated?). Please, create new using ad.exe program.
Correct *.map files not found in path '/opt/wow/gamedata/data/maps' or *.vmtree/*.vmtile files in '/opt/wow/gamedata/data/vmaps'. Please place *.map and vmap files in appropriate directories or correct the DataDir value in the mangosd.conf file.

I seem to have sorted this now as I had a copy of the maps which I created last week.

However, the ExtractResources.sh script does not now create all the necessary map files. I know the extraction tools were fixed the other day, could this have something to do with it?

Edited by DaveJ61
Update

3 answers to this question