Some commands not working at all

DaveJ61

Question

After getting my MaNGOS Three server running on my UbuntuServer 20.04, I have come across a few commands that are not working at all. The following are the most common ones that work on TBC but don't appear to work on the Cata server... There are others but these are my top wishlist commands.

.learn all_crafts

.learn all_recipes

.modify rep

I wouldn't mind a pointer as to how to fix these myself. I do have some programming experiance in C++ but mostly on inux platforms.

7 answers to this question

I actually thought you responded quite quickly 🙂 - I do indeed have a working copy of MaNGOS 3 running on Ubuntu Server 20.04. This is what I can and cannot do but it is certainly not limited to just these commnds. There are others.

I can :-

.modify money

.modify hp

.modify mana

.tele <place>

I cannot :-

.learn <spell>

.learn all_crafts

.learn all_recipes $profession

I do find that some of the syntax explanations are misleading in that a parameter appears to require that it needs to be in square brackets. It does not. There are others.

On another note, I came across today where the mage blink spell is broken. Using blink puts your character off map and falling to infinity. Also something else... it said that I had 2308 talent points to add!! 🙂

I should be able to help address any problems you have with a MaNGOS 3 server.

Dave

Edited by DaveJ61

Hi @DaveJ61

Mangos 3 is not very active repository since the most popular cores are M0, M1 and M2 (up to Wotlk).
This why perhaps some commands are maybe faulty. It also could be due to a lack of privileges since some commands require higher GM levels. But if you are Gm level 3 there should be not any problems.

Cheers.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 8:55 PM, Elmsroth said:

This why perhaps some commands are maybe faulty. It also could be due to a lack of privileges since some commands require higher GM levels. But if you are Gm level 3 there should be not any problems.

Hi could you please tell me where I could check the required GM levels?

Also I maybe interested in making contributions if I knew where to start. For instance, are spells created by in the core or by scripts, or both? Is there a good guide on the big picture and how this is all done? I do have skills in C++ (allbeit a bit rusty) and I have read the guide ...

... but this does not give the big picture on how everything is put together.

Edited by DaveJ61

23 hours ago, DaveJ61 said:

Hi could you please tell me where I could check the required GM levels?

The actual GM levels are assigned to the commands in the DB, see the number in second column of the command table. If there is no entry for particular one, the defaults get into effect. You can find that in the Chat.cpp code.

There isn't many people having now a good solid view over the emulator as a whole. Something like documentation at the most can be found here. TrinityCore is the long ago splitted branch of Mangos, and it controls the same client. However difference in the code may be huge. One of the best open source Cata projects, in my opinion, is this, though OvahLord had lost much when started cherry-picking all TrinityCore core commits. Of those, usually about 50% are unuseful and 1-3% are clearly wrong.