[Help] Implementing Vehicles

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will update mine soon - as long as i am working with a modified version of the actual patch i did not realize which major bugs could be there.... transport unitflag was not added correctly for passive passenngers or passive vehicle pilots, movement packages were not handled correctly...

btw gathered also data for additional vehicles getting rid of vehicle_data and vehicle_seat_data by generic use of dbc seem to be no good ides since many vehicles need custom flags for correct work.

i will update mine soon - as long as i am working with a modified version of the actual patch i did not realize which major bugs could be there.... transport unitflag was not added correctly for passive passenngers or passive vehicle pilots, movement packages were not handled correctly...

btw gathered also data for additional vehicles getting rid of vehicle_data and vehicle_seat_data by generic use of dbc seem to be no good ides since many vehicles need custom flags for correct work.

I know you have done a heck of a job NetSky but also take a look at the commit it's causing a lot of changes too, since 8874 I can not patch this patch, nor Dual Spec. The only patch that will work for me at present is ahbot. :eek: and as to the vehicles, I love that some are really working! :D

hmm ok maybe there are some adjustments needed i am working with a source with an enormous amount of changes compared to git but there should be no problem for a git compatible version this time i will push a repo @ git again because it is easier to review i have also needed data gathered for mounts like tundra mammoth e.g. but i could not test because i am testing on my own :D

vehicles i got working :

- All DK start vehicles

- Most Wintergrasp related vehicles(missing data for new ones of 3.22 - but maybe this these are only for use in new battleground (sry i forgot the name beacuse i am not playing often :) ) )

- All Argent Championship vehicles

- All Ulduar vehicles

- some additional vehicles(but need aditional implementation in package handling and playermount handling(e.g. implement player_click_spells similar to npc_click_spells :) )

This is not yet finished still a lot of work to do

e.g. different energytypes of vehicles still missing

hmm ok maybe there are some adjustments needed i am working with a source with an enormous amount of changes compared to git but there should be no problem for a git compatible version this time i will push a repo @ git again because it is easier to review i have also needed data gathered for mounts like tundra mammoth e.g. but i could not test because i am testing on my own :D

vehicles i got working :

- All DK start vehicles

- Most Wintergrasp related vehicles(missing data for new ones of 3.22 - but maybe this these are only for use in new battleground (sry i forgot the name beacuse i am not playing often :) ) )

- All Ulduar vehicles

- some additional vehicles(but need aditional implementation in package handling and playermount handling(e.g. implement player_click_spells similar to npc_click_spells :) )

I was wondering where is the repo for the vehicle brance I was just at yours and couldn't find it...

Thank you in advance

vehicles i got working :

- All DK start vehicles

- All Ulduar vehicles

Yeah, i think all of us want your patch :D

NetSky dreamer who works alone in the tank when you sit down, and when a few people, there is a new patch here problemma.

Patch for 8877 net kernel here

vehicles i got working :

- All DK start vehicles

- All Ulduar vehicles

Netsky: could you please share your hard work to test it if it has not known major bugs which is under investigation by you? We would like to test it in our enviroment and help you and the community.

Thanks in advance!

regards,

wormyke

Netsky: could you please share your hard work to test it if it has not known major bugs which is under investigation by you? We would like to test it in our enviroment and help you and the community.

Thanks in advance!

regards,

wormyke

:)yes share you hard work, more testers , more more bugs detected:)

Thank you I'm giving it a try :D

Update

It patched in perfict, and compiled with out complaint....now to go and play with my new toys!

Not perfect, this patch come without some code and will do crash server, maybe need it:

diff --git a/src/game/ObjectMgr.cpp b/src/game/ObjectMgr.cpp
index b75f257..a551444 100644
--- a/src/game/ObjectMgr.cpp
+++ b/src/game/ObjectMgr.cpp
@@ -133,6 +133,7 @@ ObjectMgr::ObjectMgr()
    m_hiItemGuid        = 1;
    m_hiGoGuid          = 1;
    m_hiCorpseGuid      = 1;
+    m_hiVehicleGuid     = 1;
    m_hiPetNumber       = 1;
    m_ItemTextId        = 1;
    m_mailid            = 1;
@@ -5639,6 +5640,7 @@ void ObjectMgr::SetHighestGuids()
    if( result )
    {
        m_hiCreatureGuid = (*result)[0].GetUInt32()+1;
+        m_hiVehicleGuid = m_hiCreatureGuid;
        delete result;
    }

@@ -5825,6 +5827,13 @@ uint32 ObjectMgr::GenerateLowGuid(HighGuid guidhigh)
                World::StopNow(ERROR_EXIT_CODE);
            }
            return m_hiCorpseGuid++;
+        case HIGHGUID_VEHICLE:
+            if(m_hiVehicleGuid>=0xFFFFFFFE)
+            {
+                sLog.outError("Vehicle guid overflow!! Can't continue, shutting down server. ");
+                World::StopNow(ERROR_EXIT_CODE);
+            }
+            return m_hiVehicleGuid;
        default:
            ASSERT(0);
    }
diff --git a/src/game/ObjectMgr.h b/src/game/ObjectMgr.h
index a09fed6..d448990 100644
--- a/src/game/ObjectMgr.h
+++ b/src/game/ObjectMgr.h
@@ -864,6 +864,7 @@ class ObjectMgr
        uint32 m_hiItemGuid;