I think it is hard to install an english version mangos.

Guest qwertyuiop

There's some great tutorials on doing the entire install front to back here.

Also, repacks can be bad news as they can have ANYTHING compiled with them to cause issue, send anonymous data etc.

Try your hand at compiling the whole thing yourself. Not only will you feel more empowered once you do accomplish it, but you'll also have a better understanding as to how tough it is for these devs to keep up on this project.

I mean for basic players, especially like me.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.mgcore.com/thread-28221-1-1.html&ei=fbxVSqrcLY-IsgO155D0AQ&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=2&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.mgcore.com/thread-28221-1-1.html%26hl%3Den%26newwindow%3D1

This link is belong to chinese mangos forum. Chinese mangos fans is very lucky. They have One-click mangos client. Do you agree with me?

there are such easy tutorials

especialy for linux

you just have to install a minmal console based linux ( e.g debian / ubunto ) and copy past the commands from the tutorial...

think is best start for learning mangos

just look into the wiki ;)

MaNGOS is a learning project, if you download and run a precompiled repack.. what do you learn? nothing...

HEAR HEAR.

I'm on the learning side of the fence, and I get a lot of people asking me for help with setting up their repacks. Telling me they run navicat DB now instead of heidi... :huh:

I send them ebooks; SQL for Dummies and PHP 5 for Dummies. I've stopped helping, but rather give good shoves in a general direction.

Give a man a fish.....

I can say I've had a total blast starting from the source for the server and gathering other components (database, scripting engine) and compiling it all and putting it together. I previously had no exposure to SQL, so I in part used this project as a means to broach that subject and how to use it.

I'm glad it's not just a download-and-click project and that even once it's running I can look at how things are structured when I come across a bug or non-working creature/quest/etc. Thanks for all the work put into this, folks.

I find compiling my own core and scriptdev2 very easy and setting up and changeing stuff in the db.

I also from doing this learnt more about sql and c++ been very good project with that i thank the devs.

Also get to play a game i used enjoy again but on my own no one destubing me as iv always been a solo player.

I mean for basic players, especially like me.

[REMOVED]

This link is belong to chinese mangos forum. Chinese mangos fans is very lucky. They have One-click mangos client. Do you agree with me?

I don't think so.Maybe you can download One-click mangos client, but you can not learn any from chinese mangos forum,they develop mangos just for private server,they don't share any good code they develop.:mad:

In fact (IIRC) if they don't provide the source code along with the binaries, they're breaking GPLv2.

hehe.they say the code is developed by them which is based on MANGOS.They think they can casual copy,spread and use because they have copyright of the code they develop and they don't share the code.They think they don't break GPLv2.

Chinese mangos forum is only provide One-click mangos client to download,they want people to upload crashlogs and bugs in order to fix it,they make a profit by sell repacked custom version mangos client.Because of CWOW(chinese WOW) server is shut down ,many WOW players download One-click mangos client or play in private servers.:mad:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use