[patch][8944] Use SummonProperties.dbc and related

Auntie Mangos

Please update your patch when you have the time and use git or pastebin.ca

Thank you! Works incredibly well so far.

We're still running 313 code, so updating this patch will take alittle bit, since I'm not able to test it on new. I don't think anything changes, still.

Feel free posting diff for latest mangos revision.

Thanks for testing.

please devs review or add comments what have to be improved because it is blocking community work with related spells and 3rd party projects (SD2)

At least a comment because yes, there are some other works that involve summons/pets/guardians but this is a general one that can help a lot.

This is something i have seen happen a few times over the past months. I was wondering, and this goes to the developers if you guys have like an irc or some place apart from the forum to discuss development. Something apart form forum that can help in the development of the project. Since for example, the patches that right now involve changes to the whole project and can in several points enhance it are, and this is just a quick sample:

+Dual Talent

+Vehicle Support

+Summon Properties

+Player Skils from Blob

+MtMaps

and it would be nice to have a faster way to talk about this. The forum is great but for example, some people do not know what to work on sometimes or if they are working on something similar to another dev.

This is something i have seen happen a few times over the past months. I was wondering, and this goes to the developers if you guys have like an irc or some place apart from the forum to discuss development. Something apart form forum that can help in the development of the project. Since for example, the patches that right now involve changes to the whole project and can in several points enhance it are, and this is just a quick sample:

+Dual Talent

+Vehicle Support

+Summon Properties

+Player Skils from Blob

+MtMaps

and it would be nice to have a faster way to talk about this. The forum is great but for example, some people do not know what to work on sometimes or if they are working on something similar to another dev.

Yeah, there's an irc channel, but take a look at linux-like way of development proposed by freghar.

There are tons of patch in under review section atm..

• 2 weeks later...
I created a .patch file for anybody that wants to use it and dosen't have the time to manually apply.

With this ocasion i managed to review the patch. It's a very good start, but i've seen that some work still needs to be added. I think it's about 60-70% complete.

8902 patch

nice

pls mangos devs review it:)

I'm not happy to write it, but this patch has one mistake...Item 49040 uses Spell 67826 to summon NPC 35642...it is Jeeves...banker and vendor/repairer created by Engineering...if u try item or spell, output is only animation of casting and nothing happened...if i use .npc add 35642, mob is added into game right, but it can't be summoned...tested on Win32...revision 8993 clean mangos without SD2 or patches...commandline output is:

WORLD: CMSG_USE_ITEM packet, bagIndex: 255, slot: 25, cast_count: 1, spellid: 67
826, Item: 49040, glyphIndex: 0, unk_flags: 0, data length = 24
STORAGE: CanUseItem item = 49040
Sending SMSG_SPELL_START id=67826
Sending SMSG_SPELL_GO id=67826
Spell 67826 Effect0 : 28
EffectSummonType: Unhandled summon type 12

EDIT: updated code part due to typo in spell id, this is copied from console

EDIT2: In spell.dbc: EffectMiscValB1 == 35642, EffectTriggerSpell1 == 2181; In SummonProperties.dbc first column == 2181, 4th column == 12, 6th column == 4096...hope it will help

EDIT3: In spell.dbc there is no value 12 for this spell, so where it came from?

[8997] confirm summoned version not working - if manually spawned with .npc add works fine repair/vendor/banker

same with own gossip_menu_id settings at db - works only for spawned one (click on summoned gossip menu does nothing)

also summoned version not apply aura from creature_template_addon / spawned version have it.

should have this aura in db http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=68054

DELETE FROM `creature_template_addon` WHERE (`entry`=35642);
INSERT INTO `creature_template_addon` (`entry`, `mount`, `bytes1`, `bytes2`, `emote`, `moveflags`, `auras`) VALUES 
(35642, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, '68054 0');

tested without aura settings too for same result.