Hunter's Kill shot

Guest s212m

Hunter's kill shot is bugged.It does weapon damage only.

Wowwiki quote : This is the Hunter's Execute. With this, you can deal nearly 10,000 damage crits as lv 80.

Spell details : ------

* Kill Shot

* Instant cast

* 5 - 45 yd range

* 7% base mana

* You attempt to finish the wounded target off, firing a long range attack dealing 200% weapon damage plus X. Kill Shot can only be used on enemies that have 20% or less health.

X denotes --

Rank --- Level ------ Additional damage -------- Cost

1 --------- 71 ------- [RAP * 0.40 + 410] -------- 30g

2 --------- 75 ------- [RAP * 0.40 + 500] -------- 30g

3 --------- 80 ------- [RAP * 0.40 + 650] -------- 30g

Details :-----

For lvl 80 it should do - 200% weapon damage + [RAP * 0.40 + 650]

Weapon damage is adding to it.

wowwiki link : http://www.wowwiki.com/Kill_Shot

wowhead link : http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=61006

thottbot link :http://thottbot.com/s61006

Explanation with case study :------ If a hunter have 4200 RAP at lvl 80 and use a range weapon with 254-472 damage with weapon speed 2.80(http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39296); then Kill shot ability of that hunter should do damage

Minimum(non crit) : 2*2.8(4200/14+254) + [4200*0.40+650]

Maximum(non crit) : 2*2.8(4200/14+472) + [4200*0.40+650]

i.e 5432.4 - 6653.2 damage (non crit)

But,It is not doing damage like this.Possibly doing only 100% of damage plus bonus ?

Here is my fix.

SpellEffects.cpp, EffectWeaponDmg()

+        case SPELLFAMILY_HUNTER:
+        {
+            // Kill Shot
+            if( m_spellInfo->SpellFamilyFlags & UI64LIT(0x80000000000000) )
+            {
+                spellBonusNeedWeaponDamagePercentMod = true;
+                spell_bonus += m_spellInfo->EffectBasePoints[0];
+                spell_bonus += int32( 0.2f * m_caster->GetTotalAttackPowerValue(RANGED_ATTACK) );
+            }
+            break;
+        }
       case SPELLFAMILY_PALADIN:

Here is my fix.

SpellEffects.cpp, EffectWeaponDmg()

+        case SPELLFAMILY_HUNTER:
+        {
+            // Kill Shot
+            if( m_spellInfo->SpellFamilyFlags & UI64LIT(0x80000000000000) )
+            {
+                spell_bonus += int32( 0.2f * m_caster->GetTotalAttackPowerValue(RANGED_ATTACK) );
+            }
+            break;
+        }
       case SPELLFAMILY_PALADIN:

very good idea but

m_spellInfo->SpellFamilyFlags & UI64LIT(0x80000000000000) )
+            {
+            }

hack fix?:confused:

very good idea but

m_spellInfo->SpellFamilyFlags & UI64LIT(0x80000000000000) )
+            {
+            }

hack fix?:confused:

But where to add damage from the first weapon effect when only calculated weapon effect is the last one? :)

according to DR damage wowwiki and wowhead formulas posted there.. Kill Shot is doing the correct damage... in BGs i do a constant crit of 6k and i have a crappy bow and by far 4k ap

Wowwiki quote : This is the Hunter's Execute. With this, you can deal nearly 10,000 damage crits as lv 80 < if it can doesnt mean it will always do.. it depends on a number of talents gear and LUCK :) i say its working how it should

I dont know what weapon you use ? If your 6k is a critical hit, then it is not normal.

Calculate it as ,

minimum non-crit 2*weapon speed(RAP/14+minimum weapon damage) +( RAP*0.40+650 )

maximum non-crit 2*weapon speed(RAP/14+maximum weapon damage) +( RAP*0.40+650 )

@Gommes this spell you can not use when enemy is above 20% of health . And if you please check weapon link I provided. Its not "ordinary" weapon. And that 4.2k RAP came from a lvl 80 all epic geared hunter.

@Lynx3d The weapon damage formula I took from wowwiki.And 1700 white is too high damage for a lvl 80 ? ................

Lately i found that wowwiki has wrong/ outdated formulas so.. dont base your affirmations only on that source, my bow is the nesingwary 4000 http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44504. Dont forget that classes have talents that reduce damage.. resilience and most of all armor.. Try getting DR Damage and see the formula there and how much you should hit with killshot. I stand my affirmation kill shot is doing the proper damage

Explanation with case study :------ If a hunter have 4200 RAP at lvl 80 and use a range weapon with 254-472 damage with weapon speed 2.80(http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39296); then Kill shot ability of that hunter should do damage

Minimum(non crit) : 2*2.8(4200/14+254) + [4200*0.40+650]

Maximum(non crit) : 2*2.8(4200/14+472) + [4200*0.40+650]

i.e 5432.4 - 6653.2 damage (non crit)

Having similar setup (RAP+ same weapon) + armor penetration rating of 173 (12.63%) + against lvl 80 mob + non raid buffs + non proc on chance buffs + no food.

Using drdamage version 1.7.1 (for 3.2.2) shows damage range for Kill Shot average 5049 (4830-5267) and crits average 120006 (11487-12525). Kill Shots crits does ingame 5201 (just tested it), while it should do 12006 average crit (against a target with 0 armor, I know that mobs does have armor).

Let's find out how much damage reduction a lvl 80 mobs has. Using Mongoose bite I hit 713 (tooltip says 993 and drdamage gives 993-994, so I'm certain Mongoose bite damage is working correctly) also let's not forget I've got 12.53% armor penetration as well.

calculation:

(993-713)/993*100%= 28.20% damage reduction before armor penetration

1.2820*1.1253 = 1.4426 so a lvl 80 mobs is having 44.26% damage reduction (how much armor that is idk)

Anyway since my armor penetration is 12.53% It's the same as I'm attacking a lvl 80 mob worth of 28.20% damage reduction, therefore all my "physical" abilities should be doing 71.80% instead of 100% the tooltip states.

Using drdamage average crit for Kill shot of 12006 then my KS should be doing 12006*0.7180 = 8620 crit on average. My very own test KS crit does a underwhelming 5201.

Wowhead comment (clickable) from Jokert (non green post though) he states:

I've crit 13k, pretty sure MoT was procced though. But still, I have pretty low AP at around 4k considering the potential AP. Later when we have more geared out players in the later stages of WoTLK I wouldn't be surprised to see this critting for 16, 17k, considering the planets are alligned just right and there really is a face only a mother coud love.

Hope someone can figure out where the real problem is :)

@Lynx3d The weapon damage formula I took from wowwiki.And 1700 white is too high damage for a lvl 80 ? ................

Weird because the formula i posted is >straight from wowwiki< too...

And maybe i wasn't clear, i meant to say your calculated Kill Shot max. damage is 1700 too high, because your white damage calculation is wrong, not that your white damage is 1700 or something like that.

According to "my" formula the white result is:

472 + (2.8 * 4200/14) = 1312

Note that this is without ammo DPS and scopes, or the 5% ranged bonus from talent. With some +15 DMG scope and +67.5DPS ammo max. white damage should be in total:

1.05 * ( 472 + 15 + 2.8 * (4200/14 + 67.5)) = 1591.8

You can easily verify this calculation in your character screen...

I don't want to claim Kill Shot does correct damage, i only know that i have reached higher crits than 6k at level 75 solo already, and will do the math on next occasion.

Okay after some recount collecting, the damage is definitely weird.

My hunter (lvl 75, ~2.5k RAP, Mark-S Boomstick + Mammoth Cutters) does on average ~1700 per kill shot. That's sometimes not even enough to finish off mobs...

However, sometimes it does a LOT more damage, the maximum recorded was 2996 (non-crit!). And no i'm not running around with aspect of the viper most of the time ;)

I have no clue where those 75% extra come from, the only thing i'm aware of that can trigger is my Sonic Booster, but that's only a 430AP bonus and triggers frequently...

can't think of any talent proc or mob self-debuff that could increase damage that dramatically.

hey Lynx3d, there many factors you might have overlooked :)

dunno how your hunter is specced but if he's SV then there are many damage modifiers in the SV talent tree like did you had black arrow (+6% damage), noxious stings (when you have Serpent sting +3% damage on all attacks) on target? or did you had Expose Weakness proc (+ RAP by 25% of your agility)? did you Hunter Marked all targets??

What is the level range you tested on? for example a level 70 mob has probably twice as much armor as a level 60 mob.

i love such posts as above. Dude it depends on your gear. Green geared just dinged 80lvl wont crit for 16k. Even if formula is wrong (and surely it is), 16k crits and more doesnt happen in Naxx gear 10 or 25.

This video crits 16.9k or 20k with killshot, this hunter has 4979 AP and 39.83% crit. I have only 4750 AP and I dont hit that.

PD: Estan ciegos si no ven que esta malo el killshot. In Espanish :P

Greetings

The spec i used was Marksmanship with a few Beast Master talents. And i don't use hunter's mark at all on normal mobs... (was all PvE btw.)

But none of the mentioned effects comes anywhere close to a spontanious 75% damage increase...

Only thing i could imagine would be some mob going berserk and increasing damage done and taken by a large amount, possibly more than its buff says.

i love such posts as above. Dude it depends on your gear. Green geared just dinged 80lvl wont crit for 16k. Even if formula is wrong (and surely it is), 16k crits and more doesnt happen in Naxx gear 10 or 25.

that 16k is for a zero armor target , it will be low on armored target , can not you understand ?

IMHO your calculation of weapon damage is wrong, weapon damage is:

base_weapon_damage + (speed * Attack Power / 14)

So your top-end in the first post is almost 1700 too high...

To convert DPS into average damage per swing:

(Weapon DPS + AP/14) * Weapon Speed.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Attack_power

Now installed Dr. Damage and it showing same amount as formula I quoted .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use