Vehicles (Dev)

Guest AuntieMangos

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be I'm using UDB and have had the same db' runnung for a year now I just patch up as needed...or could it be the SQL's from the vehicles branch because some of my sql's in my data branch date back to when netsky was first working on this.

I cant apply the last patch ! There is an error in the file "Unit.cpp"

I did like that :

Git bash => "git apply vehicle.patch"

And I've got en error ! I think it because the release 10115 has modify the file so the patch isn't compatible with the last Mangos's version

I used the Jethrogibbs's patch

I cant apply the last patch ! There is an error in the file "Unit.cpp"

I did like that :

Git bash => "git apply vehicle.patch"

And I've got en error ! I think it because the release 10115 has modify the file so the patch isn't compatible with the last Mangos's version

I used the Jethrogibbs's patch

Read my post it's 6 posts above yours....it will give you a clue

My UDB is over two years old now. Patched it so much that it leaks like a sieve in stormy weather...uh...sorry. Had a Hemingway flashback there.

I think I started my server somewhere back in the mid-5000 range of MaNGOS revisions, maybe a little earlier.

Will the renaming of the function for scale (size) affect anything?

I think it was changed from this:

SetFloatValue(OBJECT_FIELD_SCALE_X, scale)

to this:

SetObjectScale(scale);
       UpdateModelData();

maybe if zergtmn prohibit creatures-vehicles to fight (non-combat with NPC) will be better.
It's totally wrong. Flame Leviathan, Kologarn, Archavon, Ignis and Deathbringer Saurfang are vehicles too and they can attack and have threat list.

On these NPC is true, but You have not understood of what I mean and here's an example of what you can to change:

diff --git a/src/game/Creature.cpp b/src/game/Creature.cpp
index a7975b2..31020f4 100644
--- a/src/game/Creature.cpp
+++ b/src/game/Creature.cpp
@@ -1689,7 +1689,7 @@ bool Creature::CanInitiateAttack()
    if (hasUnitState(UNIT_STAT_STUNNED | UNIT_STAT_DIED))
        return false;

-    if (HasFlag(UNIT_FIELD_FLAGS, UNIT_FLAG_NON_ATTACKABLE | UNIT_FLAG_NOT_SELECTABLE))
+    if (HasFlag(UNIT_FIELD_FLAGS, UNIT_FLAG_NON_ATTACKABLE | UNIT_FLAG_NOT_SELECTABLE | UNIT_FLAG_PLAYER_CONTROLLED))
        return false;

if (isPassiveToHostile())

Edit:

apologies to Wojta, for my spam post.

Edit:

apologies to Wojta, for my spam post.

What? Your post is not spam, at least this one :D

I have one problem right now. I am trying to make leviathan working, but I cant even make it look like it should - its leviathan(33113) -> flame leviathan seat(33114) *4, which has three seats: 1. deffense turret, 2. Overload control and 3. is for player which can be catapulted in there.

But, when I spawn him as vehicle, some(!!) of seats are at wrong position. x and y fits(well..I think), but Z does not. Some of them are on the ground, sometimes whole seat, sometimes only deffense turret.

I tried to spawn them after add to map, before add, send info other way, do not send it, but result is still the same :( Most annoying is the fact that it happens only with some of leviathan seats :/

its leviathan(33113) -> flame leviathan seat(33114) *4, which has three seats

What will happens if you do not use all seats(33114 *4) on Flame Leviathan? (but only two of them)

You can do test with these:

REPLACE INTO creature_template_addon VALUES
(33114,0,0,0,0,0,341,'33142 1 33143 2',NULL),
(33113,0,0,0,0,0,387,'33114 1 33114 3 33139 7','18950 0 18950 1');

REPLACE INTO vehicle_seat_data VALUES
(3832,4),
(3833,4),
(3834,4),
(3044,4),
(3075,4),
(3076,4);

REPLACE INTO vehicle_data VALUES
(341,5,62402,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0),
(387,4,62400,62396,62376,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0);

Note:

I spawn the Flame Leviathan with: .debug spawnvehicle 33113 387 near to enemies,

and when they attacked me and the Flame Leviathan also attacked me and shows his accessory,

but if the Flame Leviathan is alone, then he hides his accessory. (a crazy boss)

ok perfect thanks, I will used yours :

git://github.com/DaemonCantor/mangos.git vehicle ?

to extract vehicle branch ?

no seporate vehicle branch merlfire...just my core backup...I have a complete uptodate( as long as I keep remembering to push) with all of my favorite mods...and vehicle from wojta happens to be one in there, I guess take a look and see....I've had that particular branch current since oh around a year now.

Would anybody have the update patch please (rev 10175)?

Why do you need a patch each time?

git bash:

git clone -b vehicle git://github.com/Tasssadar/Valhalla-Project.git Source         // clones the vehicle branch from tass into a new folder called Source
cd Source
git pull git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git master                                  // pulls all changes newer than the ones in Tass's branch from the master branch of mangos
git gui                                                                             // if needed check the merge conflicts here and solve them

after that compile the core as usual, next time you want to compile a core, all you need to do is:

cd */Source
git pull git://github.com/Tasssadar/Valhalla-Project.git vehicle               // if tass made new commits, download them
git gui                                                                        // probably get merge errors, check them out here and solve them
git pull git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git master                             // update to the newest mangos rev
git gui                                                                        // if you got any merge conflicts, check and solve here

this way you only need the patch ONCE