HDD SAS 500 GB

Bandwidth 50 GB

im getting new Machine with same specs for MySQL soon

so it becomes 1 machine for Core and 1 machine for MySQL

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have to hack it to get it to work properly and well, the devs have failed.

Because the people who make Linux wants to make high-quality stable and secure OS for free, while MS just wants to earn money.

Right, because if Microsoft released highly insecure, unstable platforms, they would:

1) Be the dominate server platform

2) Wouldn't have shareholders breathing down their backs

3) Be highly successful

Oh wait...They're all of those things! My bad.

:rolleyes:

By the way, you could run MaNGOS on Microsoft Hyper-V Server, which is also free.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Im getting trouble on installing XtraDb for ubuntu lucid, get next error always :(

libmysqlclient16: Depends: percona-server-common (>= 5.1.47-11.1-51.lucid) but it is not installable

Hope Someone knows the solution for this

Update post to use ACE 5.7.8 in Core Server and new install XtraDB procedure in DB Server for Ubuntu 9.10, EXT4 system is really good for mysql performance

Best Regards

SSD Intel X25E, right configuration MySQL -> best perfomance for DB. Server with 5GB characters DB startup in 12 sec. All players saved ingame without any lags. Must have ^^

Hey,

Im getting trouble on installing XtraDb for ubuntu lucid, get next error always :(

libmysqlclient16: Depends: percona-server-common (>= 5.1.47-11.1-51.lucid) but it is not installable

Hope Someone knows the solution for this

Are you use lucid percona repo instead karmic?

I got a question.

I'm going to get a SSD disk of 32 Gb.

The OS, the DB and the core files must be intalled in that same disk for a better performance? Or may I install the OS in a normal 500 Gb disk, and use the DB and Core Files in the SSD disk to have more space available?

• 5 weeks later...

TY Diablox for your answer ^^

Now I have other question, here is my current my.ini for MySQL

http://pastebin.com/r0snxKek

My system is an intel i7 920, 12 Gb ram, 1 primary 500 Gb HD (This have the OS and programs installed), secondary 500 Gb HD (This have gameserver files, backups of DB's, apache server with some scripts for the wow), and a third 32 Gb SSD Disk with only MySQL Data files.

I have tryed to configure it myself but I feel that it is still not properly working or configured on the right way, could someone please help me configuring the MySQL for an optimal work for example for 600~ Testers?? with scripts/proyects working like Armory and MiniManager?

Let it run for a while. If it runs go with this. When mysql starts to act slow then go to your config and start changing. Only thing i can point out is innodb settings

innodb_buffer_pool_size=1G
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=128M
innodb_log_file_size=128M
innodb_log_buffer_size=16M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1

But i think that DB for 600 testers online is a little bigger then 1gb.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use