[9415] Buff in Battlegrounds

Auntie Mangos

• 40 years later...

Mangos rev : 9415

Scriptdev2 : latest

YTDB : latest

When you walk on a food/speed or berserk buff in battlegrounds or in outdoor the gob disappears and you don't get the buff.

I don't know if it's related to core or DB, but I looked to the gameobject template and everything looks correct, this is a trap linked to the right spell.

Somebody can confirm ?

look at this

void BattleGroundWS::HandleAreaTrigger(Player *Source, uint32 Trigger)
{
   // this is wrong way to implement these things. On official it done by gameobject spell cast.
   if (GetStatus() != STATUS_IN_PROGRESS)
       return;

//uint32 SpellId = 0;
   //uint64 buff_guid = 0;
   switch(Trigger)
   {
       case 3686:                                          // Alliance elixir of speed spawn. Trigger not working, because located inside other areatrigger, can be replaced by IsWithinDist(object, dist) in BattleGround::Update().
       case 3687:                                          // Horde elixir of speed spawn. Trigger not working, because located inside other areatrigger, can be replaced by IsWithinDist(object, dist) in BattleGround::Update().
       case 3706:                                          // Alliance elixir of regeneration spawn
       case 3708:                                          // Horde elixir of regeneration spawn
       case 3707:                                          // Alliance elixir of berserk spawn
       case 3709:                                          // Horde elixir of berserk spawn
           break;

edit:nvm

I compared that to a version where the buff was working (8492 for example), and no changes. Maybe it's possible to fix it there, but it got broken somewhere else. My guess is SpellAura / SpellEffect, but those two are good for over twelfthousand lines of code and I really don't even know where to begin looking - still hoping a dev who does can fix it, it's bound to be some simple little thing ;)

ok the spell does work and the object does cast it but you only see the effect if you do .cast 23451 you get the effect and the buff

the gobject is not casting it right?

maybe something here?

[9347] Restore wild gameobject casting.

Most visible case: gameobject based teleports.

[9323] Fixes in code work with original caster guid.

* Add 2 function for 2 used way for original caster
 - GetAffectiveCaster(), is posible NULL unit as source spell affects
   (explcit caster, GO owner, caster of aura that trigering affect)..
 - GetCastingObject(), possible NULL world object as in game spell 
 effects
   source, cast center, etc, need because original caster can store GO
   guid that apply effect around. In other cases m_caster
* Use functions and avoid use explicitly m_originalCaster
* Use GetAffectiveCaster() for fix explicit GO cast at near unit, like now 
fixed campfire bonus.