[fix]t10 elemental shaman 4p set bonus

Guest laise

What bug does the patch fix? What features does the patch add?

fixes proc and Flame Shock duration increase

For which repository revision was the patch created?

Is there a thread in the bug report section or at lighthouse? If yes, please add a link to the thread.

haven't seen any

Who has been writing this patch? Please include either forum user names or email addresses.

me

diff --git a/src/game/Unit.cpp b/src/game/Unit.cpp
index 002a59d..d0193c5 100644
--- a/src/game/Unit.cpp
+++ b/src/game/Unit.cpp
@@ -6740,6 +6740,18 @@ bool Unit::HandleDummyAuraProc(Unit *pVictim, uint32 damage, Aura* triggeredByAu
                    triggered_spell_id = 70809;
                    break;
                }
+                // Item - Shaman T10 Elemental 4P Bonus
+                case 70817:
+                {
+                    if (Aura *aur = pVictim->GetAura(SPELL_AURA_PERIODIC_DAMAGE, SPELLFAMILY_SHAMAN, UI64LIT(0x0000000010000000), 0, GetGUID()))
+                    {
+                        int32 amount = aur->GetAuraDuration() + triggerAmount * IN_MILISECONDS;
+                        aur->SetAuraDuration(amount);
+                        aur->SendAuraUpdate(false);
+                        return true;
+                    }
+                    return false;
+                }
            }
            // Storm, Earth and Fire
            if (dummySpell->SpellIconID == 3063)

/*Item - Shaman T10 Elemental 4P Bonus*/
DELETE FROM `spell_proc_event` WHERE entry = 70817;
INSERT INTO `spell_proc_event` (`entry`, `SchoolMask`, `SpellFamilyName`, `SpellFamilyMask0`, `SpellFamilyMask1`, `SpellFamilyMask2`, `procFlags`, `procEx`, `ppmRate`, `CustomChance`, `Cooldown`) VALUES('70817','0','11','0',0x00001000,'0',0x00010000,'0','0','0','0');

• 1 year later...

The bugreport I got from a playes was as follows:

Frost Witch's Regalia

Your successful Lava Burst casts increase the duration of your Flame Shock on the target by 6 seconds. (link)

He first did flame shock and directly after that lava burst

the dot of his flame shock ticked on while the 4p bonus should add 6 seconds to the dot.

2p bonus does work correctly

Or you could speed the process by contributing code and advice on what needs fixed or implemented to correct these issues, sart13. Anyone is free to step up and continue tinkering with this patch.

Otherwise, I'm sure the core team here will get to it in due time with a proper fix.

@angeleyes:

According to that WoWHead link you provided, it says this about the bonus:

4 pieces: Your Lava Burst spell causes your Flame Shock effect on the target to deal at least two additional periodic damage ticks before expiring.

Thottbot says the same. Trouble is, the "at least two additional" is a bit vague. What it is really saying, is that your Flame Shock will be increased by two more ticks before it expires. This does not take into account other modifiers, such as Haste. The higher your haste and other modifiers, the more damage ticks can fit within the 6-second duration.

I have no idea where your player got the idea it was supposed to add 6 seconds to the duration time, unless Cataclysm put such changes in place, because that is not how it works in 3.3.5a.

Or you could speed the process by contributing code and advice on what needs fixed or implemented to correct these issues, sart13. Anyone is free to step up and continue tinkering with this patch.

"Do forewer"? Contributing code from R2 (now i not have another) is discouraged on this forum.

I have no idea where your player got the idea it was supposed to add 6 seconds to the duration time, unless Cataclysm put such changes in place, because that is not how it works in 3.3.5a.

Now clean mangos core not have support for _real_ various tick duration for DOT-like spells, dependent from caster speed. Then add 6 seconds instead of 2 ticks is almost correct solution. - "... at least two..."

I've asked around some more, here are my findings:

On wowhead they come to the following conclusions.

Wowhead: on 3.3.3 live servers the 4p bonus causes BOTH your lava burst to extend flame shock duration and causes it to tick at least two more times."

We: The Flame Shock duration becomes longer (propably 6 seconds) AND 2 ticks are added.

Wowhead: "The reason the wording is so strange is simply because it adds as many ticks as can fit within 6 seconds of ticking. If your haste lowers the tick time down to 2 seconds, it will add 3 ticks. If your haste lowers the tick time down to 1.5 seconds, it will add 4 ticks. If you have no haste at all, it will add 2 ticks. Thus, "at least two ticks"."

We: So the Flame Shock duration becomes 6 seconds longer and in those 6 seconds Flame shock ticks 2 times if you have 0 haste, but it can tick more often. That's why it says "at least two ticks".

Wowhead: "So I may just be an idiot, but at first, I though that this meant your lava burst would squeeze in an extra two ticks into your haste-affected flame shock duration. I was surprised when it increased the duration of my flame shock for the duration of to extra ticks."

Wowhead: "Clearly this 4p bonus wasn't intended for use with 4.0.1 talents. I had my flame shock dot with 2 minutes left because of all the extra LvBs I get to throw with the new Lava Surge talent."

Trouble is, the "at least two additional" is a bit vague. What it is really saying, is that your Flame Shock will be increased by two more ticks before it expires. This does not take into account other modifiers, such as Haste. The higher your haste and other modifiers, the more damage ticks can fit within the 6-second duration.

According to wowhead haste needs to be added to the formula.

So how do you thinks it should work in 3.3.5a then?

Results of testing it on our 3.3.5 server:

Troll Shaman with 4p T10, 294 Haste, no Talents.

Flame Shock DoT lasts for 16.48 seconds according to the tooltip. Should be correct.

Flame Shock DoT ticks 6x in those 16.48 seconds.

Lava Burst on Flame Shocked Target has no effect to the Flame Shock: duration is not longer and Flame Shock keeps ticking 6x.

Hope it helps, if not let me know, we'll investigate some more.

It is too bad Blizz sometimes chooses rather imprecise wording when describing a spell effect. Then again, they're game developers, not language scholars! :P

To word things with a bit more precision on my part...

Flame Shock has a duration of 18 seconds. How many additional ticks of damage you get from the t10 bonus is at least two, but can go higher due to modifiers like Haste. Each tick is based at 142 dmg every 3 seconds, which does effectively increase the duration by 6 seconds. DOH! :/

How haste affects things is a bit trickier. Since the ticks go by faster, the duration isn't increased further but you can get additional ticks of damage within those extra six seconds.

In summary, the bonus effectively increases Flame Shock's duration to 24 seconds, with your Haste rating at the time of casting it giving extra periodic damage ticks.

My apologies for getting it wrong. I had to think it through more carefully.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use