Death Bug Fix

Guest bulek

Death Bug

Mangos Rev: 8763+, and with newest problem too

Custom Patches: NO

autor:insider42

Problem:

If you try to cast a spell whem you are reciving the last hit, you got a bug "undead", you got all dead flags but you corspe don't become a ghost.

´´Killing, killing, killing, hitting keys like fool, you're about to die but you stay around 1-200health, stats are the same but no regen, you can cast spells but you don´'t take any damage, you cannot move and you cant release spirit

fix:

diff --git a/src/game/Player.cpp b/src/game/Player.cpp
index d8773cd..33a4341 100644
--- a/src/game/Player.cpp
+++ b/src/game/Player.cpp
@@ -1271,6 +1271,11 @@ void Player::Update( uint32 p_time )
        RegenerateAll();
    }

+    if (!isAlive() && !HasFlag(PLAYER_FLAGS, PLAYER_FLAGS_GHOST))
+    {
+        SetHealth(0);
+    }
+
    if (m_deathState == JUST_DIED)
    {
        KillPlayer();

Good patch, should be in master.

No, it should not. Insider42 did not posted it to "..under review" because its hack - we need to find source of this, not just place something on it and be happy, thats TrinityCore way.

If you try to cast a spell whem you are reciving the last hit,

can somebody confirm this?

Confirmed here Wojta - mostly happens to priests & mages in arenas on our server. Had this bug ever since we updated from 8719 to 9382 (TBC branch) a few weeks ago. The patch prevents it as far as I can tell, though as you said, in a hacky way. That's fine by me (got about two dozen 'hackish' fixes on our server to prevent some of the bigger bugs) but of course not suitable for master :)

hmmmm, I can also confirm this, it seams that the killing blow and the spell cast must occur at the same time for this bug to appear. Example: bg match, and I am healer, I am spamming my healing wave just to stay alive but someone kills me. And coz I was spam clicking on my healing wave button I end up in death bug. So I guess when the server gets 2 commands (one to cast the spell and the other that the player is dead) at the exact same time death bug happens.

I am 100% OK with this "hack" till mangos will solve this VERY annoying BUG!

This is true, but this will never come to master, it is a way to hack fix, you can do to apply yourself, dont be lazy:), otherwise I can confirm, works perfectly with last revision, any crashes, freezes and other problems

• 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use