How to allow non-tameable monsters to become tameable?

Guest kysus

Hello, I'm wanting to make some monsters tameable on my server that aren't normally tameable by hunters. I'm currently wanting to make murlocs and squirrels tameable. If anyone has some info that would help me know what needs changed exactly besides the family and the type flags please let me know. I appreciate it.

(Not sure if this is the correct thread to place this in, I hope so)

I'm using Quice and within the Creature Template I've changed Type = 1, to count it as a beast. It will not let me tame the squirrel or murloc though, I've also set most of their type flags and such to the same as the beast i want them to be like. Changing PetSpellDataID, unk16, unit_flags, and inhabit type to make the squirrels resemble a tiger, and murlocs to resemble a raptor. It's still giving me "Invalid target" wondering if there's some other area I'm missing. I've committed the changes to my database and restarted the server, not sure what I'm missing.

make sure to clear your cache files.

and i quote myself. If you don't clear the cache files it won't work correctly.

EDIT: You can do it by changing

#    ClientCacheVersion
#        Client cache version for client cache data reset. Use any different from DB value and not recently used for triggering reset.
#        Default: 0 (use DB value from world DB db_version.cache_id field)

in your conf file

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use