[10167] vmap rewrite

Auntie Mangos

That file is over 600KB, and it is in patch.mpq and common-2.mpq. Problem was that there was a 0-size file in another mpq.

I don't know which mpq is proper to pick data from, so do we just get one that has usable data? That's what my fix does.

Data in patch mpqs overrides data in common mpq. I think if they add file with size=0 they want to delete data from old mpq, without acutally editing the old mpq itself...

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That file is over 600KB, and it is in patch.mpq and common-2.mpq. Problem was that there was a 0-size file in another mpq.

I don't know which mpq is proper to pick data from, so do we just get one that has usable data? That's what my fix does.

You have to preserve mpq loading order. In this particular case file must be skipped as it no longer used (file size=0 in last patch file patch-3.mpq).

I'm still getting same flood in console with faramir's branch without any other mods. Vmaps are extracted and replaced ofcourse. Unmounting still not work :/

how can this happen? Maybe i need to rename ruRU folder to enGB or something like this? Or it just a problem with extractor that compiled in VS 2008 and only VS2010 users get _normal_ Vmap data?

king48488, can you check it with extractor or vmaps that i was upload to filekeeper and posted on prev page? Or just upload your Vmap folder to something like filekeeper?

Don't forget this :

ok, unmounting now works :) forgot about _default_ value (it's disabled)...

but still have flood in server console, it's difficult to find any useful information about events or commands used in console with this :/

source of flood here

+    printf("Got AreaInfo: flag %u, adt %i, root %i, group %i\\n", mogpFlags, adtId, rootId, groupId);

+        printf("Got WMOAreaTableEntry! flag %u, areaid %u\\n", wmoEntry->Flags, wmoEntry->areaId);

+            printf("Got AreaTableEntry\\n");

i think "pringf" shouldn't be used here, maybe sLog.outDebug?

You have to preserve mpq loading order. In this particular case file must be skipped as it no longer used (file size=0 in last patch file patch-3.mpq).

Ok, then my change should be fine. It uses first file with size > 0

KabateJib: Which repo use you for vmap_rewrite, faramir188 or Lynx3d?

faramir118 = windows

Lynx3d's = *nix

@KAPATEJIb

All of that output is just debugging. Will change it from printf to sLog.outDebug. Probably have to move all output to Map class, because assembler doesn't have sLog

I am getting the message Error reading ModelSpawn! also, but haven't looked into it yet. Is it only during server shutdown?

vmap.indoorCheckInterval in mangos.conf

You can edit mangos.conf and then .reload config and the setting will take effect. No need to restart.

Weird problem, first time I started the server I was unable to walk through some doorways. I restarted server (but didn't restart client, just disconnected) and it works fine now. I can't seem to reproduce it.

Anyone else have this problem?

Also, I added a .debug vmap command to my branch. It might come in handy.

Is it only during server shutdown?

i don't know... it's difficult to find anything through this FLOOD!

Weird problem, first time I started the server I was unable to walk through some doorways. I restarted server (but didn't restart client, just disconnected) and it works fine now. I can't seem to reproduce it.

Confirmed, only first time when i started server. Then i used .modify scale 0.5 on my character and enter to this room ^^. Later when i was restarted server i was going through doorways with normal size without any problem

And i think this would be better to use

vmap.indoorCheckInterval = 1000

as default value to not confuse noobs like me :P

I will test your latest update today or tomorrow...

I can confirm this even with mangos vmaps but just on the first start with fresh vmaps idk why.

At least current map extractor skips those 0-size ADTs too, i do not have some 0011245.map for example, for Kalimdor_45_12.adt etc.

And people should've noticed missing tiles by now i guess :)

I am getting the message Error reading ModelSpawn! also, but haven't looked into it yet. Is it only during server shutdown?

That's just an unhandled EOF occurence, was too lazy to fix that...

Will popup at the end of each .vmtile parse, nothing to worry about.

I'm having that problem with master branch too, no idea what's wrong with that, some days i just can't walk into certain building...*shrug*

I just made core less verbose, should now only print errors and some loading/unloading details, unless you have LogLevel=3.

But i have to emphazise that you are completely beta-testing this, you risk to upset your players if you use it for your active realm(s)!

is there a way to fix Dalaran and Orgrimmar fishing? As i remember it not works in clean mangos because need to read additional VMO data, but now we has this data...

Well, not yet, sorry. Additional area info does not mean we have liquid data already.

I'm stupid, both you and hunuza told me exactly what I needed to hear, I just totally missed it somehow. Sorry!

Reverted that change and pushed it to my repo.

this means i should have less amount of files in vmap folder?

Pushed latest changes from your repo, recompiled, deleted old vmap and buildings folder, re-extracted with vmapExtractor3 then vmap_assembler but has SAME amount of files! 8885 files in vmap folder. Still has many small files (<1 kbyte)

But i have to emphazise that you are completely beta-testing this, you risk to upset your players if you use it for your active realm(s)!.

anyway i will try to use it on my Linux-based live server, will see what can happen :eek:

Something is wrong. We aren't generating enough maps.

Legend:

*  wdt is length 0 (all but one of these is a Transport map)
^  The name suggests that this is a test/dev map
?  Not sure why this map isn't generated, need more research

List of maps not being generated by my repo (commit 21021579ea9c4a63eee093e4cadd0c506959dcf1)

013 ^?      test.wdt
025 ^?      ScottTest.wdt
029 ^?      Test.wdt
034 ?       StormwindJail.wdt
035 ?       StormwindPrison.wdt
042 ^?      Collin.wdt
043 ?       WailingCaverns.wdt
044 ?       Monastery.wdt
048 ?       Blackfathom.wdt
070 ?       Uldaman.wdt
090 ?       GnomeragonInstance.wdt
109 ?       SunkenTemple.wdt
129 ?       RazorfenDowns.wdt
189 ?       MonasteryInstances.wdt
229 ?       BlackRockSpire.wdt
349 ?       Mauradon.wdt
369 ?       DeeprunTram.wdt
389 ?       OrgrimmarInstance.wdt
409 ?       MoltenCore.wdt
429 ?       DireMaul.wdt
449 ?       AlliancePVPBarracks.wdt
451 *^      development.wdt
573 ^?      ExteriorTest.wdt
582 *       Transport176244.wdt
584 *       Transport176231.wdt
586 *       Transport181645.wdt
587 *       Transport177233.wdt
588 *       Transport176310.wdt
589 *       Transport175080.wdt
590 *       Transport176495.wdt
591 *       Transport164871.wdt
592 *       Transport186238.wdt
593 *       Transport20808.wdt
594 *       Transport187038.wdt
596 *       Transport187263.wdt
597 ^?      CraigTest.wdt
605 ^?      development_nonweighted.wdt
606 ^?      QA_DVD.wdt
610 *       Transport_Tirisfal _Vengeance_Landing.wdt
612 *       Transport_Menethil_Valgarde.wdt
613 *       Transport_Orgrimmar_Warsong_Hold.wdt
614 *       Transport_Stormwind_Valiance_Keep.wdt
620 *       Transport_Moa'ki_Unu'pe.wdt
621 *       Transport_Moa'ki_Kamagua.wdt
622 *       Transport192241.wdt
623 *       Transport192242.wdt
641 *       Transport_AllianceAirshipBG.wdt
642 *       Transport_HordeAirshipBG.wdt
647 *       Transport_Orgrimmar_to_Thunderbluff.wdt
672 *       Transport197347.wdt
673 *       Transport197348.wdt
712 *       Transport197349.wdt
713 *       Transport197350.wdt
718 *       Transport201834.wdt

Are people seeing the same thing? Especially would like to know what vmaps are being created on linux.

I'm testing faramir's patch at live Linux-based server, what i can say... i didn't see any bugs related to new vmaps. All works ok, only experienced some server freezes related to SPELL_EFFECT_98, but i can't say if they related to your patch, because i'm installed this http://ru-mangos.ru/showthread.php?p=5222#post5222 too and updated from 9796 to 9799.

My server uses CentOS 5.3 with ~150 online.

this means i should have less amount of files in vmap folder?

Pushed latest changes from your repo, recompiled, deleted old vmap and buildings folder, re-extracted with vmapExtractor3 then vmap_assembler but has SAME amount of files! 8885 files in vmap folder. Still has many small files (<1 kbyte)

My repo creates 8553 files in vmaps dir for me.

I only pushed the source last night, so if you didn't do a Rebuild in VS you were probably using old code. I just pushed new binaries, you can pull and use mine. Sorry for the confusion.

My repo creates 8553 files in vmaps dir for me.

I only pushed the source last night, so if you didn't do a Rebuild in VS you were probably using old code. I just pushed new binaries, you can pull and use mine. Sorry for the confusion.

i was pushed LATEST repo as i already said, recompiled many times and has same result. And i can't start your extractor even if i installed MS visual C++ 2010 Redist package from link that posted TOM_RUS, extractor show me same erros - missing files MSVCP100.dll and some others. And I am already tried to find this DLL on some DLL sharing sites, but they won't work.

about freezes: i was disabled some mob spells with knockback effect (33822 and 55715, both uses spell effect 98) freezes is gone away... as i already said i can't be sure if this freezes related to your patch. But i recommend you check them too.

How to easy reproduce my freeze:

.npc add 19394

select him

.cast 33822

@faramir:

ls *.vmtree
000.vmtree  090.vmtree  429.vmtree  546.vmtree  571.vmtree  608.vmtree
001.vmtree  109.vmtree  449.vmtree  547.vmtree  572.vmtree  609.vmtree
013.vmtree  129.vmtree  450.vmtree  548.vmtree  574.vmtree  615.vmtree
025.vmtree  169.vmtree  469.vmtree  550.vmtree  575.vmtree  617.vmtree
029.vmtree  189.vmtree  489.vmtree  552.vmtree  576.vmtree  618.vmtree
030.vmtree  209.vmtree  509.vmtree  553.vmtree  578.vmtree  619.vmtree
033.vmtree  229.vmtree  529.vmtree  554.vmtree  580.vmtree  624.vmtree
034.vmtree  230.vmtree  530.vmtree  555.vmtree  585.vmtree  628.vmtree
035.vmtree  249.vmtree  531.vmtree  556.vmtree  595.vmtree  631.vmtree
036.vmtree  269.vmtree  532.vmtree  557.vmtree  598.vmtree  632.vmtree
037.vmtree  289.vmtree  533.vmtree  558.vmtree  599.vmtree  649.vmtree
042.vmtree  309.vmtree  534.vmtree  560.vmtree  600.vmtree  650.vmtree
043.vmtree  329.vmtree  540.vmtree  562.vmtree  601.vmtree  658.vmtree
044.vmtree  349.vmtree  542.vmtree  564.vmtree  602.vmtree  668.vmtree
047.vmtree  369.vmtree  543.vmtree  565.vmtree  603.vmtree  723.vmtree
048.vmtree  389.vmtree  544.vmtree  566.vmtree  604.vmtree  724.vmtree
070.vmtree  409.vmtree  545.vmtree  568.vmtree  607.vmtree

And last time i checked, the stormwind instance worked (don't remember if it's 34 or 35), that's what i used to get the coordinates for WMO based instances right.

@KAPATEJIb:

Hm second time i hear that, works but some random freezes :/

Starts to look like i did something wrong somewhere...

Would be great if someone could give me a stack trace (or even better several, if it hangs with 100% CPU load), the more info the better obviously :)

-edit-

/me is too slow :P

Will try to reproduce then, if it's knockback, i hope i can find the cause, i've been playing with that a while ago too (nothing of that in this branch though).