[10167] vmap rewrite

Auntie Mangos

I would love to Lynx3d....but every time I try to compile the maps parts all I get is errors...the only reason I got a working setup in my repo is thanks to DaViper for fixing it for me. I've followed your instructions on many tries with the same result. Also it would be a help if you told use what to clear out of the Contrib folder so we would have less junk to wade thru to find your modifications.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you gave at least *some* details about what doesn't work where in which environment, i *might* have a chance to look into it...

The contrib folder looks just like always...

Note that "vmap_extract_assembler_bin" will be updated as very final step when i am sure everything compiles as intended.

Reminds me, i should remove the vmap_debugger, it doesn't work anymore, and I don't know a person that ever was able to use it anyway...

User Friendlyness: (there are maps, dbc, buildings, vmaps, so it might not be easy to know which)

$ vmapExtractor3.exe

Your output directory seems to be polluted, please use an empty directory!

<press return to exit>

I think

"Your output directory "buildings" ..

would be helpfull ;)

Also I think you should implement a short message:

"Openeng data from <Dir>"

"Press Enter to continue, or abort with CTRL+C, and use the extractor with -d Path/To/Data/Dir"

Because it might be possible, that it takes the wrong dir (even if you copy it into the right dir)

Edit1:

A tiny correction for .gitignore s

diff --git a/contrib/vmap_extractor_v2/win/.gitignore b/contrib/vmap_extractor_v2/win/.gitignore
index 52fa31b..44a8625 100644
--- a/contrib/vmap_extractor_v2/win/.gitignore
+++ b/contrib/vmap_extractor_v2/win/.gitignore
@@ -1,4 +1,5 @@

+*.ncb
*.opensdf
*.sdf
*.suo
diff --git a/dep/libmpq/win/.gitignore b/dep/libmpq/win/.gitignore
index 6fd3935..3877368 100644
--- a/dep/libmpq/win/.gitignore
+++ b/dep/libmpq/win/.gitignore
@@ -1,4 +1,5 @@

+*.ncb
*.sdf
*.suo
bin

Edit2:

A few of these things seem to interfere with master (but I think this problem will perish once vmaps are in master (but could also be ineptitude by me):

What I did:

<Clean Master>

git checkout -b vmap_final

git pull Lynx3d vmap_final

<built files>

<commit the .gitignore change abouve>

git checkout master

git status:

# On branch master

# Untracked files:

# (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)

#

# contrib/vmap_assembler/VC90/bin/

# contrib/vmap_assembler/bin/

# dep/libmpq/

Edit3: Compiler (VC90 win32 debug) Warnings double to float

diff --git a/src/shared/vmap/VMapManager2.cpp b/src/shared/vmap/VMapManager2.cpp
index 6ae0e66..197b2ff 100644
--- a/src/shared/vmap/VMapManager2.cpp
+++ b/src/shared/vmap/VMapManager2.cpp
@@ -56,7 +56,7 @@ namespace VMAP
    Vector3 VMapManager2::convertPositionToInternalRep(float x, float y, float z) const
    {
        Vector3 pos;
-        const float mid = 0.5 * 64.0 * 533.33333333;
+        const float mid = 0.5 * 64.0 * 533.33333333f;
        pos.x = mid - x;
        pos.y = mid - y;
        pos.z = z;
@@ -69,7 +69,7 @@ namespace VMAP
    Vector3 VMapManager2::convertPositionToMangosRep(float x, float y, float z) const
    {
        Vector3 pos;
-        const float mid = 0.5 * 64.0 * 533.33333333;
+        const float mid = 0.5 * 64.0 * 533.33333333f;
        pos.x = mid - x;
        pos.y = mid - y;
        pos.z = z;

@Lynx3d it wouldn't even compile for me, as to enviroment, AMD PhenomII Black, Windows 7 Ult x64, VS 2008 pro, 8gigs, twin 500gig Cheeta's in Raid 0+1...enough enviroment. 70% of errors(not warnings) were due to ACE, what the hell does net code have to do with map extraction, 30% was miscl libs like storm, zlib....

ok I just looked at the instructions and thier the same way my brother did it and he took something out of a soulution or added something he didn't tell me, and then it compiled...the core part I didn't have any trouble with...I guess I'm more used to using Disassemblers/Assembers like IDA Pro than VS 2008. I just whish he'd doo all the work since he's more familliar with C++, as for me I got to C and never learned the stuff that came later.......I keep telling people I'm a Hardware Tech... as for the instructions I used were the ones on your thread faramir of which I can't get that one to compile ether...lol...but Hey! I can reprogram your NetStack on your router....

oh BTW what promotion? and thank you...

Redid branch, new solution files for extractor from vladimir, now you don't have to build libmpq solution manually first anymore.

Plus some minor cleanups, see vmap_rewrite branch for details.

Probably need to 'reset --hard <remote_name>/vmap_final' after fetch.

Unless someone finds a serious problem, don't expect any further code changes.

Of course there will always be ways to make things more automatic and fool-proof, but i have to draw a line somewhere now.

The tools simply are not meant to be run from explorer by double-clicking, so i don't think adding more (pseudo-)interactivity is the way to go.

You can add that to scripts etc...

I take it this is going into the core soon....I'll be happy for one...the version I'm running now seems to be working good ie: when leaving Dalaran on persoal mount I don't get dismounted same with ariving to dalaran... I'm sure there are more areas and activities that are now working but haven't had a chance to find out...Thank to having little brothers that are smarter than I am!....

Is anybody getting this error "point_invalid_parameter_noinfo_noreturn could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR100.dll" when trying to run makevmaps_SIMPLE.bat ? I want to mention that i manually copyed the missing .dll files in C:\\WINDOWS\\system32 and i use VC++ 2008 SP1.

Does makevmaps_SIMPLE.bat requires all the steps from the faramir's how to now?

Congratulation and thanks for this huge work !

Any chance this will be applied to the 0.12 branch in the future, now that this have been accepted?

data have some differences in 0.12 client by structure but first look this not must be something impossible.

So this planned without any date pre-declaration.

Is anybody getting this error "point_invalid_parameter_noinfo_noreturn could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR100.dll" when trying to run makevmaps_SIMPLE.bat ? I want to mention that i manually copyed the missing .dll files in C:\\WINDOWS\\system32 and i use VC++ 2008 SP1.

Does makevmaps_SIMPLE.bat requires all the steps from the faramir's how to now?

I used the exe files I built myself, without further problems (win32-debug)

data have some differences in 0.12 client by structure but first look this not must be something impossible.

So this planned without any date pre-declaration.

We hopeful to you and Lynx3d and faramir118 :P

I like Mangos-0.12

Map is Great infirmity in 0.12

Yeap, with 2010 works fine. Thanks for the info.

Ideea: light-bulb.gif since vmaps now require VC++ 2010 to extract, it's safe to assume that any user that extracts the vamps will compile mangos using VC++ 2010. Maybe VC80 and VC90 can be removed somewhere in the near future. Offcouse not everybody uses vmaps, or do they?

Yeap, with 2010 works fine. Thanks for the info.

Ideea: light-bulb.gif since vmaps now require VC++ 2010 to extract, it's safe to assume that any user that extracts the vamps will compile mangos using VC++ 2010. Maybe VC80 and VC90 can be removed somewhere in the near future. Offcouse not everybody uses vmaps, or do they?

Not for any user !

More users using bin file for extracting MAP and VMAP .

Dude, Lynx3d you are awesome...

Took your code and backported it to OregonCore. This can be easily ported to mangos 0.12. The actual changes are in r428-434 but I also changed the vmap extractor and shared/vmaps before that to make backporting easier. Yeah I fixed the crash issue caused by the new model code when using the extractor / assembler as well.

I only have one last problem with indoor/outdoor. It works perfectly except in all big cities (orgrimmar, undercity, stormwind, ...). They are all handled as indoor areas so people cant use mounts in those places anymore. Now wow4 wrote something like replacing WMOAreaTable.dbc with wotlk's but thats really dirty and I would really like to have a proper fix because everything else works just perfect.

I hope anyone can help me so that all TBC based server cores (mangos 0.12/OC) can make use of this awesome vmap system. Lynx3d if you read this and dont mind please help me fix it :D

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Any news about porting this (and why not mmap redux, that is quite linked to this) to mangos 0.12? I guess it's not in the priority list, but if you have any idea about how many time it will take to do it... I'd be glad to help even if I'm not very fluent in that part of mangos. But I think it would be great for mangos 0.12 to have this too.