[10167] vmap rewrite

Auntie Mangos

now when i know how to reproduce i'm going to test it on clean+your patch to be 100% sure. I will post result...

.npc add 19394

select him

.cast 33822

EDIT:

YES! It freezes!

now i'm start thinking it's related to CLEAN core without your patch, but i can't check it because already deleted original Vmaps :cool:

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm okay, was a rather stupid mistake :rolleyes:

Has to do with the BIH implicitly skipping empty nodes by setting infinite split bounds, but this check utterly fails if you feed it NaN values, which were caused if isInLineOfSight or getObjectHitPos is called with identical points.

Hope it is fixed...

I has 6 hours server uptime now (after restart) with ~180 ppl online. My players live at BG's (because of new random BG system). Can't find any bug related to new Vmaps. I think this can't be called *BETA* version, it works like *release* :)

CentOS 5.3, 9797 rev (own branch with ~130 custom patches), YTDB 543

libmpq, extractor, assembler can compile only in win32 and i did compile them and i can compile mangos release in win32 but it wont work in x64. This error for almost every file in tbbmalloc

6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/g3dmath.h(84) : error C4235: nonstandard extension used : '_asm' keyword not supported on this architecture
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/g3dmath.h(86) : error C2065: 'fld' : undeclared identifier
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/g3dmath.h(86) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'flt'
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/g3dmath.h(86) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'fistp'
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/g3dmath.h(87) : error C2065: 'fistp' : undeclared identifier
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/g3dmath.h(87) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'intgr'
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/g3dmath.h(87) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '}'
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/g3dmath.h(95) : error C4235: nonstandard extension used : '_asm' keyword not supported on this architecture
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/g3dmath.h(97) : error C2065: 'fld' : undeclared identifier
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/g3dmath.h(97) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'flt'
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/g3dmath.h(97) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'fistp'
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/g3dmath.h(98) : error C2065: 'fistp' : undeclared identifier
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/g3dmath.h(98) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'intgr'
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/g3dmath.h(98) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '}'
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/System.h(448) : error C4235: nonstandard extension used : '__asm' keyword not supported on this architecture
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/System.h(450) : error C2065: 'rdtsc' : undeclared identifier
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/System.h(451) : error C2065: 'mov' : undeclared identifier
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/System.h(451) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'timehi'
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/System.h(451) : error C2065: 'edx' : undeclared identifier
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/System.h(452) : error C2065: 'mov' : undeclared identifier
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/System.h(452) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'timelo'
6>c:\\Users\\Alex\\Desktop\\mangos-new\\dep\\include\\g3dlite\\G3D/System.h(452) : error C2065: 'eax' : undeclared identifier

There is no crashes, lags or freezes for 20 hours with online 100-250. Seems it's a record for my server after 3.3.3 switch :)

will you add it as a branch to insider42 or merge with with your leading 333 branch?

sorry about offtop

Will you add it to your gitrepo insider? How do you merged your repo with faramirs vmap branch?

it still have problems with compilation at some platforms as you can see... maybe i will make a copy-branch of 333 with this patch.

it's easy to merge, use part from Theirs at Map.cpp, use "Mine before theirs" at World.h . It's simple if you using TortoiseGIT tool.

@Diablox: those errors are from G3D("-lite", we use only part of whole project), i updated it to newer code (in the hope for a cleaner, more complete framework) but it still needs tons of fixes, or even more because it has new features :/

So much for "cross platform"...hope this one is fixed too now.

I found the bug that was causing me to lose a lot of maps. It's something that I had added to fix a memory leak in ExtractWmo(), so it's only on my branch. I can revert the change, but I'd like to understand why it's happening.

I did a lot of static analysis and debugging to try to figure out what maps should actually produce vmaps.

There's only one thing left to check, hoping it might explain the three missing maps.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArW9lyUUdHChdHZTZnotQ2E3M1BIdmp6QmxndTJ3Wnc&hl=en

I'll fix the x64 compile errors. I hadn't even touched the config for them yet.

G3D now compiles on Win64. I built the assembler and MaNGOS, but I only ran the assembler.

If you run MaNGOS on Win64, please pull from my repo and test it!

@Lynx

I think we can now merge our branches.

I'll do a fresh pull of your branch, add all of the windows compatibility fixes, then run a diff and post a patch. Then you can apply it to your src to make sure it doesn't break *nix

edit:

my repo is at http://github.com/faramir118/mangos/commits/vmap_rewrite

edit2:

I pushed binaries built with VC90, so there shouldn't be an error for msvcp100.dll

G3D now compiles on Win64. I built the assembler and MaNGOS, but I only ran the assembler.

If you run MaNGOS on Win64, please pull from my repo and test it!

@Lynx

I think we can now merge our branches.

I'll do a fresh pull of your branch, add all of the windows compatibility fixes, then run a diff and post a patch. Then you can apply it to your src to make sure it doesn't break *nix

edit:

my repo is at http://github.com/faramir118/mangos/commits/vmap_rewrite

edit2:

I pushed binaries built with VC90, so there shouldn't be an error for msvcp100.dll

I merged your branch with the lastest mangos rev 9815 and "Release|x64" built & I made new maps and vmaps

It seems to be working fine it has been running for 3 hours - area detection is working great indoor detection works great :)

old vmaps 1.84GB

vmaps are now only 548MB

thank you - Lynx3d, faramir118, arrai, tom_rus and anyone else that might of helped with this :)

edit: I just had the bug where you can't enter a building it only happens until you re-log into wow if you delete your cache folder this bug will come back it has nothing to do with restarting the server.

edit:nvm seems to have to do with both

edit:lol i can't seem to make it happen again now

edit: no now only some i can't enter :confused: