Is there more documentation around?

Auntie Mangos

Well, i tried this some thousand(s) revs back, and tried it again (after reading all this) on a more recent rev:

Setting the value to 60 seems to make auctions right (in Database), but they never show up in the client when visiting the auctionhouse.

Same goes with a value of 30. (value 30: 24h auction: showing 720h expire time on mw-enhanced, wich sounds perfectly allright)

Rev9765, sd2 1677, udb 390, acid 3.0.4, win xp 32 bit, release. (i know i gotta update, but imho won't change anything on this matter)

No ahbot, no ah-addons whatsoever.

It would be wonderfull to get this working on a very low-population server, that isn't using ahbot.

Is this a client limitation? And if so, any way around it?

Any advice is much appreciated.

This sounds like much the same:

http://getmangos.eu/community/showthread.php?14103-My-auctionhouse-isn-t-working-right-(No-mods-or-Bots)

• 40 years later...

I'm trying to find my own answers rather than keep asking questions, but i'm not finding a lot on my own. The forum search often gives me 100 topics that have nothing to do with what i'm searching, i cant find a search on the wiki at all, and the organization on the wiki leaves a LOT to be desired.

I'm looking for documentation on mangosd.conf, specifically on how high Rate.Auction.Time can be set (as it appears to be a multiplier to the 12,24,48 hour auctions), but i can't find anything on that subject.

no that would work perfectly, what Rate.Auction.Time did you use for that? my math would suggest that a setting of 60 would give auctions of 1month/2month/3month, but i'm not sure (hence my little rant about not enough documentation)

no that would work perfectly, what Rate.Auction.Time did you use for that? my math would suggest that a setting of 60 would give auctions of 1month/2month/3month, but i'm not sure (hence my little rant about not enough documentation)

Well "multiplier" is "base * m" where "m" is that multiplier. It's not "base ^ m". That means if your auction time is 24h and you set the multiplier to 90, it will be 24*90 hours = 90 days = roughly 3 months. Similarly, 48*90 = 180 days =~ 6 months for "48h" auctions. That's _very_ basic math.

yes, the topic you linked is mine, and is indeed the same problem. i made a new topic when i thought it was a different issue, but it looped back to be the same.

I have had to set my Rate.auction.time at a value of 9. anything higher than that appears to bug the client, and really messes it up. The auction works just fine, but the client can't properly see those auctions.

EDIT: IDEA!

Assuming you run a server in which you want the auctions to never expire on a person (like mine)

AND

If we could figure out what the maximum time the client wouldn't bug out on

AND

if someone could write a little SQL command that set all the values to the maximums (based on the current date)

THEN

you could run that SQL command once a week or something, thereby extending all auctions indefinitely

Assuming you run a server in which you want the auctions to never expire on a person (like mine)

AND

If we could figure out what the maximum time the client wouldn't bug out on

AND

if someone could write a little SQL command that set all the values to the maximums (based on the current date)

THEN

you could run that SQL command once a week or something, thereby extending all auctions indefinitely

You could just remove the part that removes expired auctions.

http://paste2.org/p/860198

Well i tried around with a value of '10'.

It also showed up ok in the client.

But sometimes when i would refresh the ah listed items (ingame at auctioneer), it would get stuck (looked like it kept searching forever).

The only thing helping to get the list again was to logout-login.

But then after some more refreshes, it got stuck again.

This is what happened in log at those times:

2010-06-01 21:30:13 ERROR:ERROR: Attempted to get in ByteBuffer (pos: 32 size: 46) value with size: 16
2010-06-01 21:30:13 ERROR:WorldSession::Update ByteBufferException occured while parsing a packet (opcode: 600) from client 192.168.30.2, accountid=23.
2010-06-01 21:30:49 ERROR:ERROR: Attempted to get in ByteBuffer (pos: 32 size: 46) value with size: 16
2010-06-01 21:30:49 ERROR:WorldSession::Update ByteBufferException occured while parsing a packet (opcode: 600) from client 192.168.30.2, accountid=23.
2010-06-01 21:31:11 ERROR:ERROR: Attempted to get in ByteBuffer (pos: 32 size: 46) value with size: 16
2010-06-01 21:31:11 ERROR:WorldSession::Update ByteBufferException occured while parsing a packet (opcode: 600) from client 192.168.30.2, accountid=23.
2010-06-01 21:32:17 ERROR:SESSION: received not allowed opcode CMSG_LFD_PLAYER_LOCK_INFO_REQUEST (0x036E)
2010-06-01 21:32:28 ERROR:ERROR: Attempted to get in ByteBuffer (pos: 32 size: 46) value with size: 16
2010-06-01 21:32:28 ERROR:WorldSession::Update ByteBufferException occured while parsing a packet (opcode: 600) from client 192.168.30.2, accountid=23.
2010-06-01 21:38:08 ERROR:ERROR: Attempted to get in ByteBuffer (pos: 32 size: 46) value with size: 16
2010-06-01 21:38:08 ERROR:WorldSession::Update ByteBufferException occured while parsing a packet (opcode: 600) from client 192.168.30.2, accountid=23.

(i daily check logs and try to understand all errors/warnings. But i never saw those before, so i thought maybe worth mentioning)