Upgrade - Stats for levels above 80

Guest kingdutka

The following will add stats, health, mana, and pet stats for levels that have missing information. (eg. Levels 81+ with WotLK, or ANY info in your tables that are incomplete, missing, corrupted, etc) It does this WITHOUT needing to add hundreds of lines to any of your Mangos DB tables.

This is fully compatible with any custom info that may have been added to your Mangos DB tables already (such as adding lines to the 'player_xp_for_level' table) so if you've filled in ANYTHING, your info will be used. Furthermore, when new expansions are released and level limits increased and new information added to your Mangos DB tables, this code will NOT override ANY of those new additions, but rather automatically use those new additions the way it should be.

Code:

http://paste2.org/p/875074

Notes:

Keep in mind, this will add a straight up "+2" to ALL your stats for ALL race/class combinations and your pets! If you want more variety, go ahead and add checks for each race/class combo or each pet and modify the data accordingly. It also adds a straight up 10% to health and mana for each level beyond 80 and each level will require 2% more XP than the previous.

These modifications will ONLY occur when data is missing. If your tables don't have information filled in for levels beyond 80, or even if info is missing for ANY other levels, that information will be filled in automatically by this code.

Furthermore, this code is COMPLETELY reversible! Decide you don't want to mod the stats? Decide to mod them differently? No problem! Make your changes, recompile, and restart the server and POOF!! All characters will be updated to your new code automatically! Remove this code completely and it's as if it never happened!

PS:

If you like this or find it useful in any way, you can show your appreciation by clicking "Thanks" in the bottom left corner of this post. If you're feeling extra supportive, check out my website! Links in my signature.

unified patch = diff

u dont have to tell to search for and replace/add/remove

That's cool, but IMO, people don't learn using patches... You guys need to see exactly what the code is doing so you can modify it to fit your needs, and so you can actually learn something (for those of you that could use some learning anyway :P )

That's cool, but IMO, people don't learn using patches... You guys need to see exactly what the code is doing so you can modify it to fit your needs, and so you can actually learn something (for those of you that could use some learning anyway :P )

It's not about learning, unified diff/patch is much easier to "read" for *real* developers than "replace that by this". Furthermore, there's no learning involved in the latter one, people just spend more time applying it, but that's all. They mostly don't even understand what the code does.

It's not about learning, unified diff/patch is much easier to "read" for *real* developers than "replace that by this". Furthermore, there's no learning involved in the latter one, people just spend more time applying it, but that's all. They mostly don't even understand what the code does.

Well said. So if there is to be any learning going in, it will be on my end, learning how to make the patch! I'll get on that when I have some time.

Calm down, boy. The help you provided is nice, thank you, but asking for Paypal donations for that is a bit too much

I didn't 'ask' for a donation really, just put it out there that it's a possibility if anyone feels inclined to do so. :P

Question:

After applying these changes, I cannot update MaNGOS. I get the following:

error: Entry 'src/game/ObjectMgr.cpp' not uptodate. Cannot merge.

Is there something I need to do to get it to update without needing to remove my custom code?

EDIT:

I tried to no avail, then Git told me to commit, so I did, and it updated... Seems to me that committing would force my changes onto everyone else's files... I thought only people on the "Mangos Dev Team" could commit? At any rate, I feel it's an improvement over using previous level data which actually doesn't increase any of your stats at all, so... Hope I didn't make anyone mad.....

I tried to no avail, then Git told me to commit, so I did, and it updated... Seems to me that committing would force my changes onto everyone else's files... I thought only people on the "Mangos Dev Team" could commit? At any rate, I feel it's an improvement over using previous level data which actually doesn't increase any of your stats at all, so... Hope I didn't make anyone mad.....

You can commit anything you want, but it isn't going anywhere unless you "push" it to a remote repo. Only mangos developers can push commits to the mangos Github repo.

If you want to take a diff of this, you can either do "git diff > my_patch.diff" if it isn't committed, or if it is, "git diff #some-commit-id > my_patch.diff" and then look in the file for the diff.

Now you can post it under patches -> under review (if you think it's correct enough) as this forum section is about "Installation, Configuration & Upgrades" of the server itself (by end users), not for "data upgrades".

Hmmm, not a bad idea! I think maybe I'll "flesh it out" a little more first, try to get it as close to "Blizzlike" as possible. Granted, Blizz doesn't really have THIS particular feature, but... "If they did have support for higher levels, what would the stats be like" kind of thing. I've got the knowledge and skill to put it together, now I just need some available time.... :P

Ok so... I just turned in 1 quest as a level 83 Mage and POOF, I am level 255 and my stats don't seem any different... Sorry guys, gotta take this "back to formula"....

Problem solved and really simple!

Example:

Code for health/mana was basically saying "If current level's health = 0, set current level's health to: current level health x 1.1"

Clearly, anything multiplied by 0 will equal 0, therefore.. the code is doing nothing at all...

Changed code to "If current level's health = 0, set current level's health to: previous level's health x 1.1"

Voila!

I did notice 1 thing that will adversely (and temporarily) effect your stats. Using the GM Command to de-level myself, my stats were not correct. An easy fix was to set my level to 1, log out, log back in, then GM level back to 83. Voila, my stats are "spot on".

Code link in first post updated!

After completing lots of quests today:

Congratulations, you have reached level 84!

You have gained 926 hit points and 434 mana.

You have gained 1 talent point.

Your Strength increases by 2.

Your Agility increases by 2.

Your Stamina increases by 2.

Your Intellect increases by 2.

Your Spirit increases by 2.

Looks good to me! :)

....and now I'm not getting experience points any more... IDK what happened there...

Fixed this one. DBCEnum had to change max level to 255. I had the STRONG_MAX_LEVEL at 255 and that WAS working, but had to change the others as well, DEFAULT_MAX_LEVEL and there was another between there that was set to 100, something for GMs, I forget off-hand.

Anyway, I set all 3 to 255 and getting XP once again :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use