Any idea when mangos supports 3.0.2?

Hmm according to me you arent :-( last revisions are not for improve connection or handling it) and also included ace patch was quite long story (a year) and now it was crashes the server and now it is disconnecting players often... Dont know....

i can confirm latest revs are stable on mandriva 64, more then xxxx testers.. 25h uptime.

look at crash dump sd2 have some crashes, u can solve them in db, or maybe that crash problem is only on windows. or maybe your config is bad, also i can say no disconnects , problems with logs etc,, (bt we golittle offtopic)

i can say only problem witch mangos could focus is mtmaps from Derex, without them mangos really lags,. with LOS. :(

btw:TheLuda could u say, we will see developement on 3.0.2 in test branch? so we can close this:)

• 38 years later...

I Think Better If First We Development ACE And Arena And .... Patchs And Debug To Very Stable Rev For 2.4.3 And Then jump to Next Client Support ;)

too UDB , SD2 And ACID Need Oportunity For Compietion Unperfect Developments

Thx All Mangos Managements :)

it will be ready soon (as bescribed by B......d):

Soon

Copyright 2004-2008 B.......d Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between B.......d Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, B......d does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as B.......d will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

;)

I read this at each client update.

It get's a little old... after each major blizz update we always end up seeing a bunch of people asking this question... I mean, I want things working as much as everyone else. But come on, it's not like you can reverse engineer something overnight (well... unless you're Vlad, in which case anything is possible. ;) ).

It takes time.

Just to give you an impression:

Patch 3.0.2 requires to make bigger changes to auras, lots of packets have changed, new features have been added. There is a whole lot of work to get something that really works for 3.0.2 and not only lets you log in. Yes, we could add support to log in with a 3.0.2 quite fast. But you would miss support for achievements, and all the other that came packaged with 3.0.2.

Hi, what about a sticky thread with the Subject "WoW 3.0.2 comes out..." ;-) ... so none of the writer can say the haven't found such toping because the search get no results ^^ ... seems that some of them (new post from today) think the mangos is supported by blizz and the mangos waits for updating only a few days till the client version is stable.

I heard that the mounts, pets and honor get out of the bag and into the char window. also the pet has now a talent tree ... reads like a very big change in the core (therefore the upgrade version from 2.x to 3.x)

A git branch for 3.0.2 would be awesome so we can see the progress. It doesn't have to be officially supported yet, but when it's ready you just merge it to the master branch or something. I think it would be very interesting to see how the developers work when updating for a new client.

A git branch for 3.0.2 would be awesome so we can see the progress. It doesn't have to be officially supported yet, but when it's ready you just merge it to the master branch or something. I think it would be very interesting to see how the developers work when updating for a new client.

That's a really good idea.

Actually it's a really, really bad idea.

If that were available, the majority of people would be using it. The fact that you're asking about it makes me suspect you'd probably be using it.

Bug reports would crop up everywhere, even though it wouldn't be a supported version. This would cause

a slowdown in development instead of an accelleration. The character converter probably isn't working yet, and would probably trash everyone's characters. Your error log would reach several gigs in size within hours. Stability would be horrible. Bugs would be everywhere.

Of course, when it is finally released there will still be plenty of bugs and it won't be as stable as the current 2.4.x versions. There's also a chance characters may be corrupted (it's happened before with major rev changes). However, releasing it early will only make those issues much worse.

If that were available, the majority of people would be using it. The fact that you're asking about it makes me suspect you'd probably be using it.

Bug reports would crop up everywhere, even though it wouldn't be a supported version. This would cause

a slowdown in development instead of an accelleration. The character converter probably isn't working yet, and would probably trash everyone's characters. Your error log would reach several gigs in size within hours. Stability would be horrible. Bugs would be everywhere.

Of course, when it is finally released there will still be plenty of bugs and it won't be as stable as the current 2.4.x versions. There's also a chance characters may be corrupted (it's happened before with major rev changes). However, releasing it early will only make those issues much worse.

Kaboom! Subhuman_bob puts Shinzon in his place again....

Yeah, I guess I didn't really think about all aspects... I just thought about the idea of being able to look and see the developmental changes (granted I guess I can do that just as well in github).

Sorry subhuman... thank you. You are correct and wise...

I was expecting someone to say that and of course I can't prove that I wont use it but I can still say that I haven't been ingame for more than 10 minutes the last 2 years. I just login to test core modifications, sometimes new features and then I logout, I usually don't use SD2 or a DB either (only some parts of UDB ), so I would definitely not play on it. I'm interesting in the development, that's it.

You're probably right about that. But I still don't think people would post bug reports for it when it has not been announced yet and if there's a sticky about its not supported yet. I think most people who just download mangos to play or host an illegal public server only knows how to download and update it using git, not look for other branches on github than the ones in the guide they used.

I agree with Dythzer. Will there be idiots who try to use the branch for real? Yes. Will they be annoying? Yes. But do we have to be nice to them? No. No where does it say Mangos is supposed to be used as an actual server. It is a platform for people to learn how something like a mmorpg is developed. Any real developer understands this and understands what unsupported and unstable mean.

I personaly am really interested in what it takes to go from one version to another. And if I have the skills to help I would like to. But if everything is done behind closed door I am learning nothing and can't even know if I could help.

Now this is sounding kind of like a complaint... Sorry about that. Not what I am trying to do. Ill shutup now...:P

I personaly am really interested in what it takes to go from one version to another. And if I have the skills to help I would like to. But if everything is done behind closed door I am learning nothing and can't even know if I could help.

Now this is sounding kind of like a complaint... Sorry about that. Not what I am trying to do. Ill shutup now...:P

Now that is exactly what my thought process was when I made the statement above of saying it's a great idea. Though I do completely understand where Subhuman_bob is coming from. See I really would love to get more in on the development life cycle... and be a part of it. Am I very good? No... Can I be if I can 'watch' what is happening? Yes... I think so. Or at least be able to help.

You will get your chance to see, what it takes to update the servers to support a client with updated object structures, and data packets changed.

This comes with a price tag. The 3.0.2 branch will be completely unsupported and only posts with a clear indication of development interest will be replied. There will be no installation support, nothing.

Sounds appealing though... believe it or not. As I've stated before... I like change. Change is good (painful... but good)

They've really changed the data packets that much? What is the reasoning for that? Are they more directed rather than broadcast? Do you think this this will lead to a more efficient flow of data between the client and the core? or are they just doing this to tighten the grip on thier propriatary structure?

I agree.

You will get your chance to see, what it takes to update the servers to support a client with updated object structures, and data packets changed.

This comes with a price tag. The 3.0.2 branch will be completely unsupported and only posts with a clear indication of development interest will be replied. There will be no installation support, nothing.

This will not help. Just triggering spam and useless bug reports.

You can _now_ read that mangos support 3.0.2 just in result posting sandbox patch long time ago.

It will surely result in spam for 3.0.2. But it does not really matter, does it? With every new client there have been preliminary test patches, and even though they where published unsupported, people demanded support.

Maybe doing this in the public and demonstrating the work behind a client update may change some peoples attitude to be less annoying about upgrades for the future.

Well, maybe that will not happen. But we have not tried that yet, and probably doing this in the open might help. And if it does not change a thing, we will still end up with the same situation. If we create client updates in private, and then suddenly switch, we still end up having update spam in the meantime.

I'd just hope for some positive change, when doing upgrades in the public. If it does not work, there is not much lost. I would not enforce the public upgrade, I just think it might make a difference in the peoples attitude and give us the chance of some real testing. As expressed in some other topics, there are people out there interested in the upgrade process, and some even might be willing to help or at least provide valuable feedback.

I am sceptic ;)

In fact we will have 2 choice as i think

a) private development: Why mangos not support X, when mangos will support X, mangos die it still not support X,

b) public: mangos crash it 10 sec, mangos crash client, i lost all characters at server, mangos is garbage nothing work,

"you use unfinished version" why i use non finished version??? I use lastest! And my client auto-upgraded itself to X and work only with it version.

I think (a) harm public project view less ;)

b) public: mangos crash it 10 sec, mangos crash client, i am lost characters at server, mangos is garbage,

"you use unfinished version" why i use non finished version??? I use lastest! And my client auto-upgraded itself to X and work only with it version.

And b) has the chance of getting people educated :) That is if you believe our users can still be educated.

I would still go the public route and add a startup warning to the demons along the lines of:

This is a development version and it will crash.

Or we simply name the branch 302-willcrashforfree.

Hi, what about a sticky thread with the Subject "WoW 3.0.2 comes out..." ;-) ... so none of the writer can say the haven't found such toping because the search get no results ^^ ... seems that some of them (new post from today) think the mangos is supported by blizz and the mangos waits for updating only a few days till the client version is stable.

I heard that the mounts, pets and honor get out of the bag and into the char window. also the pet has now a talent tree ... reads like a very big change in the core (therefore the upgrade version from 2.x to 3.x)

Fixes/changes for the Paladin class was like 3 pages long... And that barely grazes the surface...