Any idea when mangos supports 3.0.2?

@Voltage

Ok have you ever known mangos dev team to release something when it wasn't ready by the blizz offy client I think not. or...

@MadJack

Hey Priest are just as important madjack lol.

@Duckman

I think this is many people, I haven't seen one that wouldn't if they had the chance but I do agree. And for this thing going around that devs don't even when it is done yeah right lol...

@WhomThisMayConcern

What educational, this education word for the mangos project I think is thrown around here a little to lose without more added to it then just saying here is the way to get it have fun, huh you are kidding me right lol anyways, still love ya lol

If you want 3.0.2 NOW then use a Patch like TOM_RUS or Rastizz did, it work fine so far without any problems. (12h uptime with 100 testers max.~)

I think the primary priority currently is stuff like optimizing the Netcode, get a better Multithreading working etc. a very good playable 2.4.3 is better then a lagging / crashing 3.0.2.

If you want 3.0.2 NOW then use a Patch like TOM_RUS or Rastizz did, it work fine so far without any problems. (12h uptime with 100 testers max.~)

I think the primary priority currently is stuff like optimizing the Netcode, get a better Multithreading working etc. a very good playable 2.4.3 is better then a lagging / crashing 3.0.2.

Is there a link to the patch? I am setting up a test 3.0.2 server to run along side my stable 2.4.3 server.

not bad idea see hows 3.0.2 developers work, it can speed up, with test etc.

i tested version from TOM_RUS(didnt tasted latest ver), many things worked and seems stable so far.

its better to have test branch , so we can test and help to devs...

put there big red msg "TEST AS OWN RISK"

My team and I have been working on a sub version of Mangos. We tore it apart, and we rebuilt alot of things to make it more.. custom. But we owe alot of Mangos for help and code.We have been able to patch to 3.0.2(3 test) with no issues except for one thing. We are stuck with this stupid bug that anytime someone gets an achievement it freezes our database. Other than that we have a stable enviroment. We patched it so it just doesn't report achievments on our dev server, but that causes ALOT of error logs to spawn because the game client does update checks for the achievement fields.We tried applying our patch into Mangos, but there some problems with the original core vs, the Leaf core we built. I will have our main programmer look to see if we can help out where we can, we owe alot of thanks to Mangos, and would love to see the two projects continue.:-)-Mynt

While there might be some more work with having a public 3.0.2 branch in form of unnecessary threads and flames, I acknowledge that this is also a chance to include users in this development process. Additionally tom did already publish a patch and I can't find any flame thread regarding this.

So I'm not against that branch ^_^

I Think Better If First We Development ACE And Arena And .... Patchs And Debug To Very Stable Rev For 2.4.3 And Then jump to Next Client Support ;)

too UDB , SD2 And ACID Need Oportunity For Compietion Unperfect Developments

Thx All Mangos Managements :)

Hello all,

Just like a lot of other users, I'm quite anxious to see how the MaNGOS core is progressing. Although I'm far from being a developer myself, several fellow staffmembers of our MaNGOS server are more active in aiding the MaNGOS project.

To get to the point: Is it still efficient to try to get a stable release for the 2.4.3 client when several of the (bugged) components you guys try to fix/improve might be replaced or changed in 3.0.2 ?

Hope my message is better received then the usual "ow my gawt, when is it rdy ffs?" ;)

Best regards,

Valor

Mangos is developing nicely IMO. I think that Mangos is alot more... stable than Ascent/Summit/Aspire.

With the introduction of ACE, its going to make it even better. Ace was built just for this project it seems. The threading problems will be worked out, and if you start playing with ACE and redoing some of the basic database routines, you can see improvements.

I know we can in Leaf, and we were able to fix and update to 3.0.2 using some new ACE derivatives and routines.

I just wish there was more implementation flow, as in code documentation. I understand this is a large task. I have already started commenting what sections do in our code, to try and make things more smooth. I think this is something that every developer should start doing more, as patches are applied. That way we can start to teach using documentation.

-Mynt

(did that make sense?) English is my second language and Babel fish kind of sucks with translation sometimes.