Blizzard New MMO

Guest Veretos

Do you guys think that blizzard will reveal their next gen MMO during this years blizzcon? If yes what are your predictions on what it is going to be?

Personally I think it's going to be something similar to WoW which means takes place around middle-age with sci-fi elements. However maybe they are not trying to make a WoW replacement and instead trying to get a different genre. Maybe and FPS-MMO (We all know how that ends up *caugh* Hellgate London *caugh*) then.

Anyways would like to see what you guys think.

Game companies these days tend to be fairly predictable.

I'll go with "World Of Starcraft" as my guess, but they'll probably give it a dramatic title, like "Starcraft:Empires".

Unless they rip off Guild Wars, it very likely would be a FPS/MMO hybrid since the whole military combat theme might be difficult to pull off as a RPG.

Borderlands is a FPS-RPG which I could see as being a very fun MMO if they expanded it. They are making Borderworlds which I'm HOPING will be much larger parties (currently you can only have up to 4 since thats the number of characters).

I've been dropping out of the MMO scene recently though so hopefully if they do it will be something to spur my interest.

"A whole new franchise", you say?

I rarely keep up with game company press releases due to all the hype they're loaded with.

Whatever they do, it will not be another fantasy setting. WWII has been done to death, so it will probably be some type of sci-fi game.

Yea well something like "World of Starcraft" would be actually great i just completed the Starcraft II campaign nad it's not a bad game, it has a lot of players and a lot of game copy sells from the first day.

Also a Diablo III MMO would be very cool, even coller than WoW,the suggested name should be "Deathcaller" or something like that.

I'd actually like a Diablo MMO. I still play Diablo II. It would seem to be a no-brainer, since all they'd need to do is revamp the interface and switch from 3rd-person 2-D view to a 3-D view like WoW. Just so long as they don't add in some lame achievement system!!

Bet you it's going to be some sci-fi virtual world thing, like James Cameron's Avatar.

Yea,they should combine the graphics from diablo II and wow-gameplay.And should stabilize the graphics to run on a constant rate because that is possible, the guys on Aion did it(Speaking about stabilizing only because wow has 20-30 fps on a very good graphics card) so it is poorly optimized.

I'd actually like a Diablo MMO. I still play Diablo II. It would seem to be a no-brainer, since all they'd need to do is revamp the interface and switch from 3rd-person 2-D view to a 3-D view like WoW. Just so long as they don't add in some lame achievement system!!

Bet you it's going to be some sci-fi virtual world thing, like James Cameron's Avatar.

Dudes, i see you talk alot about wanting a new diablo - you do know about the actual Diablo III? http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/ ;)

Cheers :)

Dudes, i see you talk alot about wanting a new diablo - you do know about the actual Diablo III?

Well, duh! But that's not an MMORPG, which is the style of gameplay vladex and I were referring in our posts.

@rulebreaker:

I think Blizz could pull it off, catch lightning in a bottle once more, make another Starcraft, Warcraft, Diablo, or WoW...if they have the same drive, talent, and creativity that brought us those franchises. As a general rule, the more successful a publisher becomes, the more burdened by bureaucracy they become and the less willing a company is for taking chances and risking the bottom line.

yes,but not copy cataclysm's side , because it is painfull to see the whole story and creatures driven out from they're shapes.Just because Blizz thought that "We thought it is fun to see a Dwarf Shaman or a Tauren Paladin."Lets be serious ,the only games that i love truley are Diablo(I-II),Starcraft(I-II) and Warcraft (I-II-III), i really hope blizzard is listening to the players suggestion box.

The funny thing about all this is that for years people now have claimed that Blizzard will fail in almost anything, since the talented people have left the company for new endeavours.

But the truth is the "talented" people which left, founded new companies, started new projects, and all of them have miserably failed.

WoW reached a critical mass at some point, and I think it is too successful for even its creators to realistically compete with, with or without those people.

I like Torchlight - it was developed by ex-Blizzard (and then ex-Flagship Studios) employees. It's not a super popular game, but it was a success in its own way.

Was Dr Frankenstein killed by his monster?

But the truth is the "talented" people which left, founded new companies, started new projects, and all of them have miserably failed.

Creativity rarely is compatible with the more pragmatic matters of book-keeping. That's why the suits count the beans earned from the talent of the artists.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use