[11723][PATCH]Auction House Bot

Auntie Mangos

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am unsure just what, exactly, is a "cycle" in regards to the frequency that AHBot makes bids and places items up for auction. I think a cycle is a single transaction, but this would make AHBot update its tables very frequently. if such were the case.

The only reference I found regarding to how often AHBot adds items to the auction houses is a function using etime to determine the interval used between inventory checks. Once the item quantity drops below a certain point, it restocks the AH. If a large number of items have sold or been removed, the value for AuctionHouseBot.ItemsPerCycle.Boost is used.

That number, 20, is not referring to seconds. It is instead the default value for AuctionHouseBot.ItemsPerCycle.Normal. Increasing the values for Normal and Boost will force the AHbot to add more items per cycle, whatever the heck that means. :rolleyes:

If the AHBot is not adding new items to the AH often enough to suit you, I would agree with cyberium that reducing the cycle time below 20 seconds would not be advisable. Shorter update intervals would place an even greater load on the server due to heavy disk I/O as tables are read, updated, and flushed.

It would probably work best to increase AuctionHouseBot.ItemsPerCycle.Normal to a higher number. Try increasing it by increments of 10 until you get the results you like. Also, try increasing AuctionHouseBot.ItemsPerCycle.Boost from 75 in increments of 10, but beware of going over 100.

Don't forget a cycle is done every 20 sec/ah.

There is 3 AH and operation can be buy or sell :)

Yes if all operation need to be updated, each AH are updated every 2 min. (if only one AH need update it will be updated every 20sec until all operation are done)

So AuctionHouseBot.ItemsPerCycle.Normal need to be set according server population.

AuctionHouseBot.ItemsPerCycle.Boost was designed only to fill AH first time. But can be used if you set AuctionHouseBot.ItemsPerCycle.Normal too low.

According to the current commit in master, AuctionHouseBot.ItemsPerCycle.Boost is also invoked when the number of items in the auction house falls by a large amount between cycles, such as when several players buy out dozens of items.

I had misunderstood you, tibbi. I thought you were dissatisfied with AHBot not adding items often enough. Since you instead wish for AHBot to add fewer items or to add them less frequently, try lowering the values for AuctionHouseBot.ItemsPerCycle, Normal and Boost. Also you can increase the time between cycles by editing the line in World.cpp that cyberium mentioned in the post above.

SetInitialWorldSettings(){m_timers[WUPDATE_AHBOT].SetInterval(20*IN_MILLISECONDS); // every 20 sec} on about line 1341

Try changing the (20*IN_MILLISECONDS) to (60*IN_MILLISECONDS) to increase cycle interval to one minute. For 5 minutes you would use 300. For 10 minutes set it to 600.