Some problems

Nevyn

Hi :)

I noticed some strange things 'bout loot...

Sometimes it happens that a rolled item (all party members have rolled) can't be picked up and the message is "that item is still being rolled".

Sometimes the dialog with need/greed disappears before a player can choose what to do and the item is assigned to the player that pressed first something (need or greed).

Locked Chest can be opened only by rogue (as it should be), but when he opens the chest for other players it remains locked and when the rogue close the chest it returns locked. So a rogue can train a picklock opening and closing the same chest :P. I don't remember if this behaviour is correct...

Thx very much :)

PSDB WotLK (r342) for 3.3.5a (Core r10664 / SD2 r1853)

Sometimes it happens that a rolled item (all party members have rolled) can't be picked up and the message is "that item is still being rolled".

This happens when looting is changed while someone has already opened loot window. You must close it and open again in order to loot it properly.

Sometimes the dialog with need/greed disappears before a player can choose what to do and the item is assigned to the player that pressed first something (need or greed).

Confirmed, don't know what's the cause of this.

Locked Chest can be opened only by rogue (as it should be),  but when he opens the chest for other players it remains locked and when the rogue close the chest it returns locked. So a rogue can train a picklock opening and closing the same chest . I don't remember if this behaviour is correct...

Haven't heard about it.

Thx for reply :)

This happens when looting is changed while someone has already opened loot window. You must close it and open again in order to loot it properly.

What you mean? If someone changes loot type (group/free/etc..) while looting? In this case it's not what happens to me. During my tests I was group leader and I didn't change it :)

Bye :)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

similar problem here:

Two Chars A + B in a group.

Char A selects "roll"

Char B selects "greed"

Char A rolls and wins, but can't pick up loot. Message is "...still being rolled"

Char B can pick up loot.

Mangos: 11630

USB 0.12.1 (401)

Hi,

similar problem here:

Char A selects "roll"

Char B selects "greed"

Char A rolls and wins, but can't pick up loot. Message is "...still being rolled"

Char B can pick up loot.

USB 0.12.1 (401)

tried with 2 clients, seems to work fine..maybe need really press it at the same time =\\

Hi,

similar problem here:

Char A selects "roll"

Char B selects "greed"

Char B can pick up loot.

USB 0.12.1 (401)

tried with 2 clients, seems to work fine..maybe need really press it at the same time =\\

That's hard if you play both clients on the same machine :)

'Everyone passed on ...' & 'That item is still being rolled for' are long present already (rev 6k-7k, dunno exact), but it happens way less nowadays.

At least, i see it way less nowadays, but still there, and damn hard to reproduce.

If issue pops up within your group, just set loot-mode to FFA and mostly item can be looted then. :)

edit:

That might be possible, but that certainly is no requirement for the issue to pop up, it can also appear if loot-mode is untouched during the whole dungeon-run for example.

I'm running an old version of MaNGOS/One too, and reproducing something similar is quite easy with this version:

Put 2+ characters in a group, and make sure their bags are full! Use group loot and let someone start looting something that brings up the roll dialog. Everyone hits greed or need. The player that wins doesn't actually get his loot, because his bags are full. If he now trashes something from the bags and tries to pick up the loot he just won, he gets the "...still being rolled for" message. Everyone else can pick it up though (assuming they have space in their bags now of course).

I'm not sure that trick still works with more recent versions though, and I'm not sure the problem is exactly the same problem :)

Confirm. not offen but yes. somtimes the dialog disappears instantly on looting npc

Confirm. not offen but yes. somtimes the dialog disappears instantly on looting npc

Indeed, although item mostly doesn't get assigned to a char (from my experiences).

'Everyone passed on ...' then shows in chat-window.

Trying to loot it then will result in 'That item is still being rolled for'

The full-bag trick can idd reproduce the 'That item is still being rolled for' issue, but no idea how to trigger 'Everyone passed on ...' easily.

6/12 15:19:27.015 Crimson Defender attempts to run away in fear!

6/12 15:19:35.171 You loot 79 Copper

6/12 15:19:36.656 You loot 95 Copper

6/12 15:19:37.343 Yoshimitsu passed on: Eternal Boots of the Eagle

6/12 15:19:39.062 Haldir has selected Greed for: Eternal Boots of the Eagle

6/12 15:19:40.906 You have selected Greed for: Eternal Boots of the Eagle

6/12 15:19:41.609 You loot 97 Copper

6/12 15:19:42.656 Jatastaa passed on: Eternal Boots of the Eagle

6/12 15:19:43.234 Brutus passed on: Eternal Boots of the Eagle

6/12 15:19:43.250 Greed Roll - 7 for Eternal Boots of the Eagle by Mangus

6/12 15:19:43.250 Greed Roll - 11 for Eternal Boots of the Eagle by Haldir

6/12 15:19:43.250 Haldir won: Eternal Boots of the Eagle

6/12 15:20:02.875 |Hchannel:GUILD|h[Guild]|h Jatastaa: 8 and 9 before 10

6/12 15:20:09.781 |Hchannel:GUILD|h[Guild]|h Jatastaa: and 11

6/12 15:20:26.343 You loot 84 Copper

6/12 15:20:26.812 Jatastaa receives loot: Runeclothx3.

6/12 15:20:27.265 Jatastaa receives loot: Crochet Boots.

6/12 15:20:28.406 You loot 79 Copper

6/12 15:20:30.109 Crimson Defender attempts to run away in fear!

6/12 15:20:30.968 Jatastaa passed on: Lofty Breastplate of the Bear

6/12 15:20:31.734 Yoshimitsu passed on: Lofty Breastplate of the Bear

6/12 15:20:31.734 Crimson Gallant attempts to run away in fear!

6/12 15:20:32.109 Haldir has selected Greed for: Lofty Breastplate of the Bear

6/12 15:20:32.531 You have selected Greed for: Lofty Breastplate of the Bear

6/12 15:20:34.265 You loot 1 Silver, 3 Copper

6/12 15:20:35.406 Greed Roll - 61 for Lofty Breastplate of the Bear by Mangus

6/12 15:20:35.406 Greed Roll - 70 for Lofty Breastplate of the Bear by Haldir

6/12 15:20:35.406 Haldir won: Lofty Breastplate of the Bear

6/12 15:20:35.406 Everyone passed on: Beaststalker's Bindings

As can be seen in this chatlog, there is not a single reference to Beaststalker's Bindings, only 'Everyone passed on'.

(loot-mode @ Group Loot btw)

I noticed some strange things 'bout loot...

Locked Chest can be opened only by rogue (as it should be), but when he opens the chest for other players it remains locked and when the rogue close the chest it returns locked. So a rogue can train a picklock opening and closing the same chest :P. I don't remember if this behaviour is correct...

PSDB WotLK (r342) for 3.3.5a (Core r10664 / SD2 r1853)

I have been noticing the same issues in my build with the addition of:

-Locked Chests can be opened by picklock, skeleton key, seaforium... etc, but only the player who unlocked it can access it, to all others it still functions and appears locked.

Client - 3.3.5.a

MaNGOS - Rev. 11634

ScriptDev2 - 11590+

UDB - 0.12.1 (401)

ACID - 3.0.8

I first thought this may be an issue with playerbot as I first noticed the issued after running a full group of bots, but then noticed it while testing with a group of four friends.

Any advice on where to start looking for a solution would be appreciated.

Tyrkir

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use