Changes to mangos-one

• 41 years later...

Greetings,

and with the mangos-zero train starting to roll, we're now starting to put together the mangos-one ship, which shall now receive its' dediated crew to sail beyond the borders of Azeroth into the realms of Outland.

Keep your eyes on https://github.com/mangos-one, as the updates keep coming in.

Joining the mangos-one crew

Arrr! If you love the times when patch 2.4 was the thing raise your parrot to join the crew and give a helping hand, claw, whatever.

Requirements are low, all you need is love for WoW and of course, Outland, sufficient motivation to win a Dwarven drinking contest, and the rest we'll teach you.

Sheeps said enough, make yourself heard.

Well, TBC-DB forums are back up and running again at UDB.

I am putting finishing touches on TBC-DB 1.1.1 release so if there is anything to be backported and submitted to TBC-DB please do so as soon as possible. I am happy to include them and make changes as required (as long as info can be provided... I am not going to blind accept anything but as long as info about bug with fix can be provided).

I plan to release in less then a week so I would put very high priority on this. Once release is done I will be focusing again on ACID releases for all 3 platforms.

users should be getting their data from the source repo (TBC-DB Repo).... why would they get the data from some secondary source repo?

Beats me as well, but it is obviously one of the new MaNGOS features, one repo with all stuff (to avoid confusion) … nvm I am not using zero or one anyways :)

Regards

Skirnir

The github repository is just intended to offer users an easier starting point instead of having to search. Like it or not but the effort people are willing to invest in things is lower than ever. Understandable though, I don't know if there is anyone left not working overtime these days.

That's because the format on github is intended to be used for constant updating, rather than applying SQL updates each time. We've been using this format for a half year now, and it seemed rather user friendly than tiny updates.

Of course, if you rather stick with the SQL updates, we can backport your changes easily. It's not much, since I use a tiny script to sync the releases of the two repositories.

As of [s1366] all recent master mangos commits have been backported except the spline system and the recent spell system changes.

PS: I would really appreciate if someone would tell me which ones of the recent spell changes can be ported to One as its so easy to break stuff there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

as you may (or may not) be aware, over the past couple of days I have been busy making PseuWoW (www.mangosclient.org) compatible to MaNGOS Zero. And now I have added MaNGOS One to the mix. And once again, I just successfully walked a test character from Northshire Abbey to Goldshire in PseuWoW on my One server...

For those willing to try the clumsy, horribly documented, unstable and crashy code, you can find it at https://github.com/shlainn/pseuwow/. At some point I may even be persuaded to update the installation instructions...

USE THE allinone BRANCH as this is the branch where I am working on cross-version compatibility for the Client.

I have only tested this on Linux, so there will probably be horrible problems on Windows. If you are interested to help the porting effort, feel free to drop me a message here, on github or on www.mangosclient.org.

NO BUGREPORTS HERE PLEASE -> GO TO www.mangosclient.org

Shlainn

• 2 weeks later...

I always like to have reports and issues brought to light. Feel free to help or even contribute to TBC-DB or ACID as well. I know there are a few people working on core but as it stands I am STILL the ONLY developer behind both ACID and TBC-DB Projects.

I would welcome anyone who is serious about joining and helping with the never-ending workload of stuff that needs to be worked on and improved... and yes testers are always very welcome and helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sounds Good, in next few days when I get time I will outline a To-Do list of various projects within TBC-DB we would like to achieve. Then if anyone would like to help they are more then welcome to pitch in.

(Sorry for the delay... I have had my head in a turtle shell busy working on TBC-DB recently. I am making very good progress but I would appreciate any and all the help I can get).

Thanks!