[C#] Client RepairTool replacement for versions 3.x.x

Guest Sys_

Hi there.

This is a small tool that can be used to repair the WoW client. I wrote it in early 2011 as the official WotLK repair tool has no longer worked.

Currently it mainly captures dust on my hard drive. Maybe someone has a use for it.

The GUI is currently only available in German language.

The code is not the prettiest, because I developed the tool of necessity (quick & dirty).

The tool will reset the selected installation to version 3.0.1.8874. The installation must at least updated to version 3.2.0 (full patch) to ensure that the client is working again.

https://github.com/systemx3n/ClientRepair_3xx

• 4 weeks later...

I've reread the initial post dozens of times, but I'm still not clear on what this utility does.

Is it intended to replace the Blizzard Updater, allowing a user to then patch an original Wrath Of The Lich King client from the initial installed version, 3.0.1, to just 3.2.0 or must you update the client to 3.2.0 before using this new updater to patch the client to the final version, 3.3.5a?

Also, does this updater install the patches from Blizzard's servers or must you manually download the patches, having them reside locally in your file system before running the new updater?

I've reread the initial post dozens of times, but I'm still not clear on what this utility does.

The tool will reset the selected installation to version 3.0.1.8874. The installation must at least updated to version 3.2.0 (full patch) to ensure that the client is working again.

I assume when running the tool it will revert an 'overpatched' client back to 3.0.1 (like repair.exe used to do).

Then in order to get a full functional client again, full-patch-3.2.0 must be applied manually.

After that, patches can be manually applied up until 3.3.5a (or whichever desired version).

And indeed, thanks for sharing Sys.

Archived