[One] DB setup

Alorain

Question

Hello.

I'm trying to get up and running with Mangos One (TBC). For the most part, I'm comfortable with the setup thus far, but when it comes to updating the databases, I am a bit confused. I've read the documentation about how to check what to upgrade, but I am confused with the tons of files that are in the mangos/sql/updates/ folder. It seems there's two or more styles of file labeling.

Can someone give me an exact place to start with a fresh clone of mangos one? What are the 0.5->0.12 branches?

Also, how does the "Database" repository fit in with the whole project?

Thanks for any help.

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So can we work together again?

EDIT: The advantage of single tables is that we don't need UPDATE statements any more. If a table changes, it can be dumped and re-applied as full, which is less error-prone IMHO as the database dumps are made by a program, while UPDATE statements are written by hand.

Shlainn

Wow, what a wall of text. Let me present an alternative (The MaNGOS One Git Database):

1) Get the database from git (same procedure as getting mangos source, just different repo: https://github.com/mangos-one/database.git)

2) Right-click the folder you just dumped the DB into and select "Git Bash here..." (same as for extracting MoveMaps)

3) In the console type ./make_full_db.sh - This creates a file called full_db.sql

4) Apply this file to your database.

You are done.

Don't forget that it doesn't include realm, characters, scripts dumps - those need to be taken from mangos-one sql/characters.sql, sql/realmd.sql and SD2-one sql/scriptdev2_script_full.sql, sql/mangos_scriptname_full.sql :)

Don't forget that it doesn't include realm, characters, scripts dumps - those need to be taken from mangos-one sql/characters.sql, sql/realmd.sql and SD2-one sql/scriptdev2_script_full.sql, sql/mangos_scriptname_full.sql :)

Actually as far as I am aware, sql/mangos_scriptname_full.sql is already applied here, but of course you need to fill realm, characters and scriptdev2 databases

X-Savior:

I imported in this order:

TBCDB_1.2.0_mangos-one_s1409_SD2_2319.sql\\

1.2.1_corepatch_mangos_1410_to_1434.sql

1.2.1_updatepack.sql

and got db_version out of date errors. I guess "So what you need to do is bring your core version up from 1409 (That is what last full version was from 1.2.0) to the new required version for the update pack (1434)." means I need to manually apply some of those .sql files still.

Appreciate the new convenience script on the MaNGOS-One database repo, but I am still crashing at character creation. I have no idea what is causing this problem, please take a look at my new thread here: http://getmangos.eu/bb/topic/250/crash-on-character-creation/

my only clue is a database error

2012-08-15 11:53:54 Spell (id: 33824) have SPELL_EFFECT_QUEST_COMPLETE for quest 10162 , but quest does not have SpecialFlags QUEST_SPECIAL_FLAG_EXPLORATION_OR_EVENT (2) set. Quest SpecialFlags should be corrected to enable this objective.

Ok. Shlainn, I am a total noob here with the database stuff.

First I'll explain what i have, I have Navicat to access the database for our 2.4.3. I do not know how to tell what mangos revision we are on or how to even begin updating.

I managed (in Navicate) to "run" the sql file "full_db" and it added some tables and i guess modified others, but now when i load the server it says

Error in gameobject_template table, probably sql file format was updated (there should be 33 fields in sql).

Remember im a total NOOB when it comes to this. Sorry in advance.

Running on Windows 7 x64

If you did what I said your DB should be at s1434 but of course mangos one repo is currently at s1628 so you look in the mangos/sql/updates folder from the mangos one repo and apply all of the applicable updates starting at 1435 (everything past our 1.2.1 core rollup that you already applied).

Dont get frusterated but I STRONGLY suggest if you still have trouble go on IRC and start asking for help step by step. Worse case is lookup on the ACID forums the ACID IRC channel and come there. I can help you understand more and slow it down to step by step. Once you do it once or twice it will all make sense.

The problem you need to understand is DB's are developed at time of release for the current core at that time. so you need to get a DB to the correct version to apply a DB update and then if you are using yet a newer core then when the DB was released then you just need to apply all the latest updates (Because development continues after a DB release).

What will happen is when next TBC-DB release occurs there will be ANOTHER new core rollup to bring a DB from 1435 -> Current core at that time of 1.2.2 Update Pack release. The rollups are a time savings and to make life easy for you. (Same as you applying all the individual updates in this example from 1410 -> 1434)

As for startup errors, if you only have a couple not a big deal... i think there are a few right now that will be fixed with next release. But if you get TONS AND TONS of startup errors then you screwed up on something.

Yes we dont care about our current server, we can start over completely fresh. If we can do that without updating and just somewhere download the newest version of everything that would be great. Ive been at this for so long my NOOB brain is at its end.

Might sound cheesy but is there a download somewhere that just has everything all ready updated and ready to go? I can get the /maps no problem. :D TY ahead of time.

ok, if you haven't already, grab the latest source files. gibhub.com/mangosone

the world database is under the database subproject - replace your mangos database with this new one

the scripts database is under the scripts subproject - same here replace your mangos database with this one

the characters database is located in the server subproject under server/sql - use the file characters.sql to recreate the characters db

for the realm database, I would first open this and make a note of the details in the realm table (ip address, realmname), then recreate the database using the file realmd.sql in server/sql as above

you will need to recreate accounts/characters, but should be ready to go.

im still getting this when i start my sd.exe

Error in gameobject_template table, probably sql file format was updated (there should be 33 fields in sql).

also note. my cmd wind. still says 6360...

Have you rebuilt mangos from the sourcecode and copied the files onto the server ?

i followed your steps yes. if there is more to do than im incomplete. I executed all the sql's that you mentioned. Is there an unpdated exe or something im missing?

Edit: I could share my database with you and you could see it or we could sync databases with one you have establisted... all options if your willing.

sorry, i think you misunderstood me...

You will need to rebuild the mangos core

- In a nutshell the following will allow you to do it, but in the simplest way to do it. Check the wiki area for various guides to how to do

If you are using windows/visual studio, go into the server/win folder. Then open the solution file and rebuild all (using release rather than debug)

Once this is done, look in the server/bin folder and copy these files over your existing server install

ok i was able to rebuild the files successfully. pretty easy actually. guess you guys do all the hard work anyhow :D

Now im getting errors of a different kind

Im now on revision 1926 and im getting my data base is something and should be something else... is there a tutorial somewhere or a noob guide im missing.

nvm it finds it but says .map is non-compatible version (outdated) please create new using ad.exe program. i dont know if there is an updated ad.exe or what not. but i used it again and still go the same result.

i found the new ad.exe nvm. will update soon

Archived