[Solved!] Mangos Zero AutoUnstuck

nvrsbr

Auto Unstuck can be used in interval 5 minutes. But it should return to start location, not to hearstone.

But if look at this from player. This is very good thing to use unstuck. First - no one touch mages Second - hearstone cooldown to big.

Its returning them to Hearthstone location.

Auto Unstuck can be used in interval 5 minutes. But it should return to start location, not to hearstone.

But if look at this from player. This is very good thing to use unstuck. First - no one touch mages Second - hearstone cooldown to big.

Its returning them to Hearthstone location.

I don't know how on Cata & WOTLK was. But in classic & BC unstuck return player to start location on official servers.

And i understand that it returns on your server to hearstone. You dont understand, what i wrote.

Looks like changing security on .start fixed it.

Thanks

Looks like changing security on .start fixed it.

Thanks

Your welcome. :)

@Velvet:

Using unstuck on Mangos ports players back to Hearthstone location instead of start area indeed.

Has been this way for years iirc.

So in order to not let players (ab)use that command/feature, it should be 'blocked'.

And yes, should they ever get stuck then, they require a GM (it's not like you get stuck every 5 mins tbh).

Better than giving them a Hearthstone without limits no?

No :) Try to play mage after that on servers where online 1000+, after 30 minutes you will said: "Return this command back!!!". And many other things, which you don't see when you not playing

Mages can use their portals + teleports + hearthstone.

So mages got the most unstuck options tbfh.

1 hour cooldown, is too much. Max 15 minutes. When i'm going to auction/trade with twinks/drop tallents/reg BG/going to instance... this 5 minutes cooldown is too much, because i just waste my time & nothing doing, i can't port to shattrath. What can i said when i have 1 hour cooldown? In WOTLK cooldown reduce to 30 minutes.

So I assume you're one of the players that likes to 'benefit' from '.start'. ;p

Hearthstone cooldown is blizzlike, allowing '.start' every 5 mins to act just like a hearthstone deffinitly isn't.

If you played on retail, where iirc unstuck acts in porting you back to start-zone and not latest tavern, would you whine at blizz aswell huh?

You never play mage.

And as i say, you never was player. So you can't understand all above.

Ok lol, my main is a mage, anno 2007.

http://i50.tinypic.com/15md7ig.png

Stop discussing on false arguments.

The topic starter asked for a way to get unstuck blocked to prevent abuse.

He got an answer wich fixed the problem.

How you feel as a player, about an admin blocking that command, is besides the question.

And to end this I'd like to reflect this right back at you:

You dont understand, what i wrote.

---

About other... Read until you understand, what i say.

since you're clearly missing the point.

I don't know how on Cata & WOTLK was. But in classic & BC unstuck return player to start location on official servers.

I'm pretty sure that in WoTLK unstuck used the heartstone location AND put your hearthstone on cooldown (most likely to prevent abuse of the unstuck option).

I remember getting stuck - a gnome, so somehow I just fit between some rocks or something - and thinking "hmm let me try what unstuck does", obviously thinking it would put me a few yards from where I was. Instead, and much to my surprise, I was back in Dalaran and faced with all the travel to get where I wanted to be :/

I never needed it in Cata, so can't comment on that :)

Since the OP is happy with the solution of setting the command as GM-only, that should be enough. It's his server and he can do whatever he likes, including cutting off a feature his knobhead players are abusing.

You would certainly hate playing on retail, velvet. Getting unstuck is not a simple as typing ".start" as many times as you want.

For Cataclysm, hearthstone cooldown was reduced to 15 minutes. With the Dungeon Finder and PvP queue giving you free teleports to and from an instance, it was rare that I ever used my hearthstone.

Although I never had to use the command to get unstuck, it worked the same as in WoTLK. When using the command, a dialog would open, informing you of how to use it and a GM ticket would be automatically created. You then clicked the big, red "Unstick Me!" button and would be instantly teleported to the location set to your hearthstone and your hearthstone would then set into cooldown.

Initially, the cooldown for doing this is the same as your hearthstone, but each time after that would double the cooldown. So the first use was 15 minutes, second would be 30 minutes, and so forth until it maxed out at 2 hours. This was done to discourage abuse, since most players dislike going 2 hours without a hearthstone. The unstuck cooldown penalties reset at the beginning of the server day.

Since a GM ticket was automatically created to inform server staff each time you used it, abuse of the unstuck command would draw attention that could result in a ban.

We probably need better core support for this feature, especially since it seems the time penalties are not applied. I think it would be a good idea to implement it as ".unstuck", leaving the ".start" command as GM-level only.

Further debate and rants in this thread are pointless, but anyone is welcome to start a new topic about properly implementing the unstuck feature for each of the MaNGOS cores.

Archived