[Wiki] Building MaNGOS Zero on Debian Linux

Xenithar

Due to 95% of the guides on the web for Zero being out of date and relying on autoconf, I decided to write down my method for building Zero on Debian Squeeze. Note that I am a big Linux user and the guide will work as a normal user minus one or two areas, such as installing packages from the repositories or creating a directory for the project in "/usr/src". Everything else can be run as a normal user.

I wrote this guide in LibreOffice Writer and then exported it to PDF so that anybody can read it. I have seen a few MS Word documents out there and I found an OpenOffice/LibreOffice/StarOffice guide, but not all of us like to blow $500 for a copy of MS Office and not all of us know of the open standards, but almost everybody has Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader. I hope this helps!

Oh, and I will be adding a section on configuring and running the server after Christmas. If you find any errors please let me know.

MaNGOS Zero Guide

For Windows users at least, viewers for office products can be found free of charge - pair that with CutePDF and any guides out there could be converted to PDF given a little time. Just in case other guides are found and somebody wants to post them in a more open format. The viewers are much smaller to download and install than MS Office or Libre Office.

Not to my knowledge. I simply uploaded it to my old gaming clan website. I used to run a clan that played first-person shooters and the site has been stagnant for quite a while now, so I may as well use it for something. I did not see an upload option here on the forum when posting however.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use