Help me with some basic instructions about how i can change the cli

Auntie Mangos

Question

Although there is a MOP branch, it is at a very very early alpha stage and is unusable.

- With *A LOT* of work, it might be possible to knock something into shape, but atm we don't have the resources to do it.

i would also suggest looking through our archive forums located at http://getmangos.eu/community for advise on how to sniff packets etc. Since the same was done for wotlk and cata

15 answers to this question

Hi there MaNGOS community.

I was investigating MaNGOS project for a while and i am interested in it. Before long time ago i was writing some patches.

I am interested in the deal of changing the core patch version. Can you tell me how i can make it, i mean do not explain me C++ or something.

I know how to read/write on C++/PHP/Java but i need little help with the communication between the game and the core.

Can someone explain me what i must do if i want to change the core patch version to different. How can i sniff opcodes data ?

I know for that i need an active retail account and i have such, i know that i must know how to code in C++ and i can do that i just need some basic info that will help me a lot!

I am sure that if you help me i can help the MaNGOS project a lot.

Thanks in advance

Hello Antz and thank you for you help.

I have the current version from the official and active account there. I want to know how change the core client version to connect with this version 5.1.0 to the core. I mean i want to know how i can make the core accepting connections from this version.

I know that i must change the opcodes but how can i sniff them ? What else i must change?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Antz and thank you for you help.

I have the current version from the official and active account there. I want to know how change the core client version to connect with this version 5.1.0 to the core. I mean i want to know how i can make the core accepting connections from this version.

I know that i must change the opcodes but how can i sniff them ? What else i must change?

Thanks in advance!

you need to change opcodes, new dbc struc, new update fields, new encrypt and decrypt and and and is a lot of work what you need done befor you can login wehn you have this done you need object update movement update for world login.

Thank you so much!

Two other questions:

1. The branch of mangos for version 5.1.0 is available to login and the the current stage?

2. Is there any chance i get banned from blizzard if i use the WoWPacketParser to sniff data from their servers?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you so much!

Two other questions:

1. The branch of mangos for version 5.1.0 is available to login and the the current stage?

2. Is there any chance i get banned from blizzard if i use the WoWPacketParser to sniff data from their servers?

Thanks in advance!

1) In a word no, the opcodes need to be configured

2) If you are caught there is a chance, you may be able to plead ignorance

Archived