4.3.4 vmap extraction

Guest wolverine79936_

Question

I was just wondering, if 4.3.4 is suppose to be the proper version for Mangos Four, then why is it that while I am trying to extract all of the maps from 4.3.4, it keeps failing on all of the .adt files? It has dones nothing but tell me that it cannot read the .adt files, any of them.

Any ideas or suggestions?

4 answers to this question

Thank you, Antz. I was also wondering, since you have a functional 4 server... Does everything work or is it still mostly unstable? Just curious, since you mentioned mangos and I have been having difficulties compiling the version 4 server and am stuck with version 3 for now. ;)

I know, I'm deviating a little from the heading, but I was wondering, if I can get Mangos Three to compile for me, then how would I go about converting the database from Mangos 2 without losing characters or any of that? Or do I just export the character and account tables and then reintegrate them after replacing my old database with the Mangos Three database?

The update process is something like this...

1) Backup everything up

2) Make a note of your current character database (in table db_version)

2) Replace the MAngosd database with the one from mangos three

3) in the server/sql/updates folder look for all files mentioning 'character' in the title and having a version number above the version you currently have. Apply all of them to your character database and that should be you ready to go.

As a side note, The Cata server is alpha quality with lots missing or not working. eg. the last time i checked a build, AH wasn't working at all and Flightmasters were hit and miss.

Archived