Create a MaNGOS Logo!

Ghurok

MaNGOS is looking for a new, better and beautiful official logo. It will be used on the mangos website, GitHub etc. We tried to create one ourselves but, in my opinion, the results weren't very good. We figured we'd let the community help us!

You are free to create any type of logo you'd like. Any colors you'd like. You can even tweak the current logo if you'd like. Just make sure it will be suitable as a GitHub avatar.

If possible we would like two varients to use, one for Mangos/Github etc. and one for any support tools / utilities to use.

We'd appreciate it if you would provide us with a PSD file (or a similar file format) so that we can tweak ourselves if we'd like.

Thank you to everyone who decides to participate! The winner gets a forum rank of your choice (if we approve that is). :)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so I found this really nice looking 'm' that I'm basing my designs around. Is there any specific wording required? Because mangos is too plain. And I'm not sure whether I can use Mangos Foundation, Project Mangos. So shine some light on the matter?

Okay. So I'm done. I have emailed Antz. I've gone for the 'less is better look' it's just a logo after all. All done in .png format for maximum compatibility.

The first one can mainly be used where the dimensions of the image is farely large and one can easily read the writing. (Like on GitHub).

The second image can be used as the main logo with text. It can be used where applicable such as on web pages, guides etc.

Last but not least is a design that lacks text. It can be used as icons for executables, little hyperlink icons on web pages etc.

I can possibly do some tweaking. I wanted it to look clean, beautiful, sophisticated and far from 'that pre-school project' look.

Constructive feedback is welcome.

vV0fIQ1N4P.png

DvPFHHYlC3.png

QWaDnMGXxM.png

我也做了一个,参照中国的芒果台挖哈哈哈哈哈,山寨特色Logo!

I would prefer that it did not have a "C" since there is also a Cmangos team about.

*Google Translate*

我宁愿它没有一个“C”,因为也有一个的的Cmangos团队。

我也做了一个,参照中国的芒果台挖哈哈哈哈哈,山寨特色Logo!

I would prefer that it did not have a "C" since there is also a Cmangos team about.

*Google Translate*

我宁愿它没有一个“C”,因为也有一个的的Cmangos团队。

那个其实是一个G 可以理解为一个大写的G中间包含着一个M

是取了mangos中的 M与G 字母作为结合哈

同时也可以理解为游戏中的 "GM" 这样感觉很有意思哈

Archived