Windows Installation Tutorial

Lychmaster

Hi guys,

This may be a bit off... with all the trouble you have passed in the last days, but, I, as an average computer user, would love to install Mangos and get it running at home, this way I could have fun with my son and probably my wife playing WoW ;)

I'm interested in Mangos Three, and I remember before the website came down, that there was no noob-proof guide to get it up and running. I once, following an outdated post on some forum managed to play a bit, but I did something wrong because altough the maps where post-cata, the NPCs locations where pre-cata, ie. the flighmaster post on goldshire was there, but the flightmaster not. Then I found some updates for the database which resulted in a bunch of errors I couldn't even read :) ... I understand that you are very short on helping hands, and I wonder if I have any skill that can be helpful here. As a married man and father of two, I don't have too much free time, but I could figure something out.

If there's a guide cooking, or the plans to make one, let me know.

And about helping, let me know either!

This may be a bit offtopic, but why do we use github for the wiki instead of a wiki page like this: http://archive.trinitycore.info/?

I decision was made a long time back to start using Wiki. I am currently playing with a few different systems, including the mediawiki style wiki that's in an application called 'The bug genie.'

- pm me if you are interested in experimenting too.

Crap. I am working on a tutorial for MaNGOStwo. But I've never set up a Cata Server so I don't know if there are differences..

Other than the locations of the repos, and database loading being slightly different - not really.

sd2_db_version is in the scriptdev2 database not the mangos one.

If you haven't got this database, it can be obtained from https://github.com/mangosthree/scripts

Solved

Problem is, we need to run scriptdev2_create_structure_mysql.sql before scriptdev2_script_full.sql

Instructions at wiki are :

cd ..\..

cd server\src\bindings\scripts\sql

mysql -u root -p mangos < mangos_scriptname_clear.sql

mysql -u root -p mangos < mangos_scriptname_full.sql

mysql -u root -p mangos < scriptdev2_script_full.sql

and should be :

cd ..\..

cd server\src\bindings\scripts\sql

mysql -u root -p mangos < mangos_scriptname_clear.sql

mysql -u root -p mangos < mangos_scriptname_full.sql

mysql -u root -p mangos < scriptdev2_create_structure_mysql.sql

mysql -u root -p mangos < scriptdev2_script_full.sql

well, at least that solved my problem :)

one step closer :)

Thanks guys!!!

:D

DB Updated, Bins created, realmd running... but...

Realm running as realm ID 1

Using World DB: YTDB_0.16.8_R710_MaNGOS4_R12309_SD2_R2754_ACID_R310_RuDB_R56

Using creature EventAI: ACID 3.1.0 'Another Wild Adventure' - Full Release for C

MaNGOS (3.3.5a Client)

Using DataDir c:\mangos\data\

WORLD: VMap support included. LineOfSight:1, getHeight:1, indoorCheck:1

WORLD: VMap data directory is: c:\mangos\data\vmaps

WORLD: mmap pathfinding enabled

Map file 'c:\mangos\data\maps/0004331.map' is non-compatible version (outdated?)

. Please, create new using ad.exe program.

Correct *.map files not found in path 'c:\mangos\data\maps' or *.vmtree/*.vmtile

files in 'c:\mangos\data\vmaps'. Please place *.map and vmap files in appropria

te directories or correct the DataDir value in the mangosd.conf file.

What does that mean? That I accidentaly worked the Mangos Two instead of Three? :-\

Anyway, Im downloading client 3.3.5a 12340 to give it a try.

Archived