Windows Installation Tutorial

Lychmaster

Success! Maps are now OK...

New problem :

Loading SpellTemplate...

SQL: SELECT MAX(id) FROM spell_template

query ERROR: Table 'mangos.spell_template' doesn't exist

Error loading spell_template table (not exist?)

Been looking trough the sql script to see where that table should be created... with no luck :-\

EDIT :

I had to go back to 12000_01_mangos_spell_template.sql and then run all xxxxx_xx_mangos_spell_template.sql that I've found

Now the loading of mangosd continues until :

Loading Creature template spells...

Error in creature_template_spells table, probably sql file format was updated (there should be 11 fields in sql).

Alright. I hope that this helps...

When I first installed Mangos 2, I had to use the world db for Mangos, of course. But my thing is that I did run the script to make the database for uploading. It combines all of the databases into one file. Perhaps doing them all separately, you missed one...? Human error, perhaps. Happens to the best of us. :)

Thanks Wolverine

! ;D

I got it running... but then again, a new problem!

I succesfully log in, then to the realm list, then I click on "Okay" then it says "Logging in to game server" for a couple of seconds and the message dissapears leaving me again in the realm list... if I click again "Okay" the same happens... any ideas what could be wrong here?

1) Go into your MySQL client.

2) Go down to the realmd database.

3) Go into the realmlist table.

4) Change the ip address there for your server to whatever ip you want to use. Be it local network or internet ip. After that, you should be able to connect.

I've had this problem a thousand times and it took me forever to fix it the first few times. ;)

The configuration files are only for the server being able to communicate with the database. They no longer have anything to do with the ip address that the clients connect to.

BTW, my realmlist table has two entries for the same server. One with an external IP if I have to connect from somewhere else and then another copy of the same entry with an internal IP. That way I can cover both grounds. ;)

Now I'm having fun with all the commands available :)

But new questions arise...

This is not in any way a critic, ok? just honest questions...

I created a human mage, and started north of goldshire, noticed the following:

- Can take the same quest twice (at the same time, the same quest active twice)

- Once I got to level 85 I bought every riding / licence available, but then I can't fly in azeroth nor in outworld (haven't tested northrend).

- Most creatures won't attack (no aggro) and won't patrol, just stay there, and react just when I attack first.

I really understand that this project is a work in progress and I never expected perfect functionality, but I would like to know, does this few points could mean that I miss something in the installation process? or are indeed examples of work that needs to be done (scripts?)?

Thanks for all the help guys, you all have been great :)

In a nutshell, sadly that is the state of Three....

I recently updated the readme of the project to try and set people's expectation....

*MaNGOSThree* is a full featured World of Warcraft 'Cata' server, including authentication and world content serving. Compatible with client 4.3.4 (15595).

*Mostly Playable*

I am assuming you are using the YTDB, I would attempt to register on their forum on report the issues.

There is lots to be done on the three core, we have a dev onboard who will be making changes where he can.

Anyone is welcome to post errors / issues where they can.

- The caveat is that if the DB didn't come from us, its best to report it to the source ;)

Most of all, enjoy yourself

Hey, Antz, for the record, where would you put M3? Alpha or Beta finally? Last time we talked about M3 you agreed with me that it was alpha. I haven't played with it at all so have no clue where you might list it.

I might have to bring M3 up somewhere on my network so that I can fiddle with it. Been dying to check out the Worgens. ;)

Hey, Antz, for the record, where would you put M3? Alpha or Beta finally? Last time we talked about M3 you agreed with me that it was alpha. I haven't played with it at all so have no clue where you might list it.

I might have to bring M3 up somewhere on my network so that I can fiddle with it. Been dying to check out the Worgens. ;)

Next week I'm planning to put my server online, so I could give access if you want...

Archived