Setting up a server using the Zero Repo

Dr3amCoN

Hello Mangos Community !!

First of all, before I ask for your assistance, I would like to say that I am really glad to see Mangos back online again.

It took me a while to find this community but I am very happy to be here again.

Alright so, I have downloaded the Database,Scripts,Tools and Server using TortoiseGIT from Zero-Repo.

I browsed to server/win and have built the solution VC100.

I have now a fresh bin including the DBC,Maps and VMaps.

Now, the next step would be to create and import all the necessary .sql files in MySQL.

Can someone please guide me which files I should import in each of the databases and also which updates I need to Import after ?

I am afraid I am not here from the start and all those revision numbers really confuse me.

Apart from this, is it possible that a community member who knows all about Zero-Repo add me on skype ?

If yes please PM me with your skype name.

I want to set up a local server for experimental purposes. I have no interest at making a public server at this time.

Looking forward to your feedback.

With respect, setting it up on 7 was a piece of cake for me. I used this tutorial to help me. There are still a few rough spots that we can help you out with. As for importing databases, there is a cmd script that will help you to compile all of your databases into one file which makes it a lot easier to import than going database by database.

And as for the virtual machine, you really don't have to do that. It just makes it easier to move your MaNGOS server to another computer or to keep everything separate from your day to day life on the computer.

Updating the database, well, when you run MaNGOSd for the first time, it will crash and tell you what database version you are running right now, then it will tell you what database version it needs to actually run. All you do is fill in the blanks. Like if it said something along the lines of

You are running database version 12234_aliens_attacking

and you need to update the database to

99999836743_dogs_licking

then you would go for the update after the aliens attacking one, then the one after that, and finally end up on the right version of the dogs licking database. Sorry, don't have a fresh mangosd sitting in front of me to actually quote from. ;)

And hopefully this actually helps you. :)

And YES I AM IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got mangozed !

Thank you very much Wolverine for posting me that guide.

May I add that the guide does not refer that you have to create the Characters and Realmd databases as well.

I did it because I recalled from previous compilations.

Thank you guys again.

My server is running great so far. But sometimes. some actions force the mangosd.exe to drop.

This is the error message in the server logs:

2013-06-04 21:16:57 ERROR:MMAP:loadMapData: Error: Could not open mmap file 'D:\WoW Server\Olympus/mmaps/000.mmap'
2013-06-04 21:16:57 ERROR:MMAP:loadMapData: Error: Could not open mmap file 'D:\WoW Server\Olympus/mmaps/000.mmap

2013-06-04 21:16:57 ERROR:Spell entry 29705, effect 0 has EffectImplicitTargetA/EffectImplicitTargetB = TARGET_SCRIPT, but creature are not defined in `spell_script_target`
2013-06-04 21:28:01 GameEvent 61 "Stormwind City - Stockades Jail Break" started.
2013-06-04 21:38:01 GameEvent 61 "Stormwind City - Stockades Jail Break" removed.

2013-06-04 21:38:58 ERROR:MMAP:loadMapData: Error: Could not open mmap file 'D:\WoW Server\Olympus/mmaps/001.mmap'

Those are the 3 errors that show up.

The last error, sometimes is referring to 000.mmap instead of 001.map.

I tried to re-extract the maps using CMD-Admin rights and executing the ad.exe

I also did a search in google but I could not find someone referring to those errors, so you are my last chance.

So far I can tell you that mangosd drops if I create a Human and leave him in the default starting area or if I teleport to gadgetan(Although sometimes I tp there successfully).

If someone can think of something that might help, I would really appreciate it.

My server is running great so far. But sometimes. some actions force the mangosd.exe to drop.

This is the error message in the server logs:

2013-06-04 21:16:57 ERROR:MMAP:loadMapData: Error: Could not open mmap file 'D:\WoW Server\Olympus/mmaps/000.mmap'
2013-06-04 21:16:57 ERROR:MMAP:loadMapData: Error: Could not open mmap file 'D:\WoW Server\Olympus/mmaps/000.mmap

2013-06-04 21:16:57 ERROR:Spell entry 29705, effect 0 has EffectImplicitTargetA/EffectImplicitTargetB = TARGET_SCRIPT, but creature are not defined in `spell_script_target`
2013-06-04 21:28:01 GameEvent 61 "Stormwind City - Stockades Jail Break" started.
2013-06-04 21:38:01 GameEvent 61 "Stormwind City - Stockades Jail Break" removed.

2013-06-04 21:38:58 ERROR:MMAP:loadMapData: Error: Could not open mmap file 'D:\WoW Server\Olympus/mmaps/001.mmap'

Those are the 3 errors that show up.

The last error, sometimes is referring to 000.mmap instead of 001.map.

I tried to re-extract the maps using CMD-Admin rights and executing the ad.exe

I also did a search in google but I could not find someone referring to those errors, so you are my last chance.

So far I can tell you that mangosd drops if I create a Human and leave him in the default starting area or if I teleport to gadgetan(Although sometimes I tp there successfully).

If someone can think of something that might help, I would really appreciate it.

I would switch off mmaps, they have proved problematic on zero

Archived