[Zero] VMAP extraction issues

wolverine

Trying to compile Zero, and I know that VMAPS are not necessary for the server to function, just very preferred. However, I followed instructions and everything, but it never generated a VMAPS folder. Just MAPS. What in the world is going on? I know it use to generate vmaps...

I ran ad.exe and didn't have a single problem there.

Wen to run make_vmaps.bat and the file didn't even exist. So I went and ran vmapExtractor and that worked, but did not generate the vmaps. So....? A little confused and lost here. I'll try again and let you know if and how I can get it to work.

Might need to adapt the batch file from another version of Mangos. That's fairly easy, though.

I think I might have it. Gonna run ExtractResources.bat. It's behaving proper so hopefully it will work proper. ;)

Edit: Yeah. For Vanilla, gotta use ExtractResources.bat instead of make_vmaps.bat.

make_vmaps.bat works fine for the other cores, and I think that it's the same program, just a different name. ;)

Do I really have to run my zero database on a separate server from my two database? This is just stupid. There must be a way to run both databases on the same server. :(

Otherwise I have to bring up a virtual machine just for the database for one.

*SIGH* I INSTALLED FROM THE CDS! How the heck can I be missing bloody maps?!?!?

Zero is saying that I am missing

2013-06-04 15:48:45 ERROR:Check existing of map file 'E:\Desktop\Warcraft\Vanilla Server\Data/maps/0004331.map': not exist!
2013-06-04 15:48:45 ERROR:Correct *.map files not found in path 'E:\Desktop\Warcraft\Vanilla Server\Data/maps' or *.vmtree/*.vmtile files in 'E:\Desktop\Warcraft\Vanilla Server\Data/vmaps'. Please place *.map and vmap files in appropriate directories or correct the DataDir value in the mangosd.conf file.

I think that this is why I never bothered setting up my own Zero or One server. Lych King is the only one that ever worked right for me.

EDIT: I really detest windows versus linux filesystems. Zero was written for linux. There's a forward slash in the directory structure that does not belong there. I can try putting forwardslashes into my layout, but think I am going to have to move my data directory back into the server directory directly. I was just starting to enjoy the idea of organization. ;)

Alright. I got some login issues that I managed to fix myself. I have Vanilla and WoTLK running on the same machine. WoTLK is port 8085 and Vanilla is 8086. It turns out that my problem was the fact that I was trying to use a domain name and some other stupid stuff.

Lychmaster, this also applies to you... The address in the realmlist table refers to internal ip addresses. So, in my case, instead of using fangornguardians.no-ip.org to connect to the two Mangos', I had to change it to 192.168.0.3, which is the internal ip address for my server machine. :) I changed that and pointed the databases in the end of the realmlist file to the right machines and voila, instant multi-realm setup. :) Now I just need to get Burning Crusade working and I'll be good to go. :)

Do I really have to run my zero database on a separate server from my two database? This is just stupid. There must be a way to run both databases on the same server. :(

On my system I have all five cores in one database

required some manual naming though

rather than mangosd, realmd,scriptdev2 and characters

I have them named as:-

mangos112

mangos243

mangos335

mangos434

mangos520

and so on for the other databases.

- just change the .conf files to match

I have the same problem with ad.exe . It's closing the cmd-window and does extract dbc but no maps.

Can you open the cmd prompt as administrator and try again ?

- By doing it this way, the window will stay open and the error meesage will remain onscreen.

Archived